- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Joint User Scheduling and Power Control Considering Both Signal and Interference for Multi-Cell Networks
다중 셀 상향링크 네트워크에서 신호와 간섭을 동시에 고려하는 전력 제어 및 사용자 스케쥴링
Cho, Moon-Je;Jung, Bang Chul;Ban, Tae-Won
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.03.31
In this paper, we propose a distributed user scheduling with interference-aware power control (IAPC) to maximize signal to generating interference plus noise ratio (SGINR) in uplink multi-cell networks. Assuming that the channel reciprocity time-division duplexing (TDD) system is used, the channel state information (CSI) can be obtained at each user from pilot signals from other BSs. In the proposed scheduling, to be specific, each user reduces the transmit power if its generating interference to other BSs is larger than a predetermined threshold. Each BS selects the user with the largest SGINR among users. Simulation results show that the proposed technique significantly outperforms the existing user scheduling algorithms. It is worth noting that the proposed technique operates with distributed manner without information exchange among cells. Hence, it can be easily applied to the practical wireless systems like 3GPP LTE without significant modifications of the specification.
Cellular networks;Inter-cell Interference;SGINR;User Scheduling;Power Control
- CISCO, "Cisco visual networking index: Global mobile data traffic forecast update, 2014-2019," white paper, Mar. 2015.
- C. Suh and D. Tse, "Interference alignment for celluar networks," in Proc. 46th Annual Allerton Conf. on Commun., Control, and Computing, Monticello, IL, Sep. 2008.
- C. Suh, M. Ho, and D. Tse, "Downlink interference alignment," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 2616-2626, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2011.070511.100313
- B. C. Jung and W.-Y. Shin, "Opportunistic interference alignment for interference-limited cellular TDD uplink," IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 148-150, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2011.121310.101439
- B. C. Jung, D. Park, and W. -Y. Shin, "Opportunistic interference mitigation achieves optimal degrees-offreedom in wireless multi-cell uplink networks," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 1935-1944, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2012.051012.110205
- H. J. Yang, W. -Y. Shin, B. C. Jung, and A. Paulraj, "Opportunistic interference alignment for MIMO interfering multiple-access channels," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 2180-2192, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.032113.120673
- H. J. Yang, B. C. Jung, W. -Y. Shin, and A. Paulraj, "Codebook-based opportunistic interference alignment," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 2922-2937, Jun. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2014.2319774
- H. J. Yang, W. -Y. Shin, B. C. Jung, C. Suh, and A. Paulraj, "Opportunistic downilnk interference alignment," in Proc. IEEE ISIT, pp. 1588-1592, Jun. 2014.
- H. J. Yang, W. -Y. Shin, B. C. Jung, and C. Suh, "Opportunistic interference alignment for interfering broadcasting channels," IEEE ICASSP, May 2014.
- W. -Y. Sin, D. Park, and B. C. Jung, "Can one achieve multiuser diversity in uplink multi-cell networks?," IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 3535-3540, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2012.091012.110152
- H. J. Yang, W. -Y. Shin, B. C. Jung, and A. Paulraj, "A Feasibility study on opportunistic interference alignmnet: Limited feedback and sum-rate enhancement," Asiloma Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Nov. 2012.
- M. -J. Cho, T. -W. Ban, B. C. Jung, and H. J. Yang, "A distributed scheduling with interference-aware power control for ultra-dense networks", IEEE ICC 2015, Jun. 2015.
- B. Lee, H. Je. O.S. Shin, and K. B. Lee, "A novel uplink MIMO transmission scheme in a multicell environment," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 4981-4987, Oct. 2009 https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2009.081690
- M. Sadek, A. Tarighat, and A.H. Sayed, "A leakage-based precoding scheme for downlink multi-user mimo channels", IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1711-1721, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2007.360373
- M. Sadek, A. Tarighat, and A.H. Sayed, " Active antenna selection in multiuser mimo communications", IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1498-1510, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2006.888893
Grant : Research on Near-Zero Latency Network for 5G Immersive Service
Supported by : IITP