- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Self-Interference Cancellation Techniques for Full-Duplex Communication
전이중 통신을 위한 자기간섭 제거 기법 구현
Kim, Young-Jun;Shin, Jinjae;Cho, Hyundeok;Yun, Ji-Hoon
- Received : 2016.01.19
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.03.31
Full-duplex communication can enhance wireless capacity by enabling simultaneous transmission and reception of the signals on the same frequency spectrum. Such a benefit, however, is only achieved when strong self-interference is well canceled below a sufficient level. To achieve this goal, there have been several approaches for cancellation, each of which is combined with digital-domain cancellation for a higher gain. In this paper, we implement two self-interference cancellation techniques and integrate them with a software defined radio-based wireless communication testbed. Two cancellation techniques (antenna cancellation and noise subtraction) are implemented and the cancellation gain is measured via real experiments. The results show that the gain of the antenna placement technique highly depends on the placement of a receiving antenna and the highest gain is achieved at the expected point, and we show that combining the noise subtraction circuit with the antenna placement further improves the cancellation gain.
full-duplex communication;self-interference;interference cancellation;antenna placement technique
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, 1st ed., Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- J. I. Choi, M. Jain, K. Srinivasan, P. Levis, and S. Katti, "Achieving single channel, full duplex wireless communication," in Proc. of ACM MobiCom,pp. 1-12, 2010.
- E. Aryafar, M. A. Khojastepour, K. Sundaresan, S. Rangarajan, and M. Chiang, "MIDU: enabling MIMO full duplex," in Proc. of ACM MobiCom, pp. 257-268, 2012.
- M. Jain et al., "Practical, real-time, full duplex wireless," in Proc. of ACM MobiCom, pp. 301-312, 2011.
- D. Bharadia, E. McMilin, and S. Katti, "Full duplex radios," in Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM, pp. 375-386, 2013.
- M. Duarte, C. Dick, and A. Sabharwal, "Experiment-driven characterization of full-duplex wireless systems," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 4296-4307, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2012.102612.111278
- Intersil Corporation, QHX220 Datasheet, [Internet]. Available: http://www.intersil.com.
- Ettus Research, USRP Hardware Driver and USRP Manual, [Internet]. Available: http://files.ettus.com/manual/.
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology