- Volume 20 Issue 3
User requirements for access and authentication increase daily because of the diversification of the Internet of Things (IoT) and social structures. The increase in authentication needs requires the generation of new passwords. Users want to utilize the same passwords for memorization convenience. However, system administrators request each user to use different passwords, as well as passwords that include special symbols. Differnet passwords and including special symbols passwords seem to exceed the tolerance range within your memorization skills. It fetches a very negative consequences in terms of password management. This paper proposes a preference symbol password system that does not require memorization by users. First, a survey is conducted to prove statistical safety, and based on this, an evolution-type password system that uses preference symbols is designed. Preference symbol passwords show superiority with respect to installation cost and convenience, compared with conventional non-memorizing password systems such as biometrics, keystrokes, and mouse patterns.
Preference Symbol;Authentication;Security;Non-Memorizing Password
- J. H. Kang, J. Y. Kim, "A sutdy on the Variable Password Generation Method in Internet Authentication System," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1409-1415, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1409
- M. Haris, "GPGPU: General-Purpose Computation on GPUs," SIGGRAPH 2005 GPGPU COURSE, pp. 1-51, 2005.
- E. Yu. S. Z. Cho, "Keystroke Dynamics Identity Verification - Its Problems and Practical solutions," Computer and Security, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 428-440, July 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2004.02.004
- K. S. Kevin, M. A. Roy, "Free vs. Transcribed Text for Keystroke-Dynamics Evaluations." LASER-12: Proceedings of the 2012 Workshop: Learning from Authoritative Security Experiment Results, pp. 1-8, July 2012.
- B. T. Cotoranu, A. E. Jeskey, M. Villani, "An enhanced keystroke biometric system and associated studies." In proceedings of student-faculty research day, pp. 1-7, May 2008.
- K. Rim, "Non-memorizing evolutionary authentication algorithm using the preference symbols for secondary authentiation", International Workshop on Managing insider Security Threats(MIST 2014), Seoul, pp. 1-11, 2014.
- User Authentication System using Base Password and Member Registration Information vol.20, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.12.2289