- Volume 20 Issue 3
In this paper, a feature based panorama image generation algorithm using FAST(Features from Accelerated Segment Test) method that is faster than SIFT(Scale Invariant Feature Transform) and SURF(Speeded Up Robust Features) is proposed. Cylindrical projection is performed to generate natural panorama images with numerous images as input. The occurred error can be minimized by applying RANSAC(Random Sample Consensus) for the matching process. When we synthesize numerous images acquired from different camera angles, we use blending techniques to compensate the distortions by the heterogeneity of border line. In that way, we could get more natural synthesized panorama image. The proposed algorithm can generate natural panorama images regardless the order of input images and tilted images. In addition, the image matching can be faster than the conventional method. As a result of the experiments, distortion was corrected and natural panorama image was generated.
- M. Brown, and D.G. LOWE, "Automatic panoramic image stitching using invariant features", International journal of computer vision, vol. 74, no. 1, Dec. 2006.
- Mostafiz Mehebuba Hossain, Hyuk-Jae Lee, Jaesung Lee, "Fast image stitching for video stabilization using SIFT feature point", The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol.39, no10, pp. 957-966, Sep. 2014.
- R. Szeliski, "Image alignment and stitching: a tutorial," Computer graphics and vision, vol. 2, no.1, pp.15-16, Jan. 2006.
- H. Bay, A. Ess, T. Tuytelaars and L. V. Gool "Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF)," Computer vision and image understanding (CVIU), vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 2-8, Jun. 2008.
- Jinseon Song, SooJung Hur, YongWan Park, Jeonghee Choi, "User positioning method based on image similarity comparison using single camera", The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol.40, no.08, pp.1655-1666, July 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.8.1655
- Yongwoo Cho, Joo Myoung Seok, Doug Young Suh, "3D-based monitoring system and cloud computing for panoramic video service", The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol.39, no.09, pp. 590-597, Aug. 2014.
- E.Rosten, T.Drummond, "Machine learning for high-speed corner detection", European conference on computer vision, vol.1, pp.430-443, 2006.
- L. Moisan, P. Moulon, and Pascal Monasse, "Automatic homographic registration of a pair of images, with a contrario elimination of outliers," Image processing on line(IPOL), pp. 2-3, May 2012.
- K-W Kwon, A-Y Lee, U. Oh, "Panoramic image composition algorithm through scaling and rotation invariant features," Information processing society journal, vol. 17, no. 5, Jun. 2010.
- P. J. Burt and E. H. Adelson, "A multiresolution spline with application to image mosaics," ACM Transaction on graphics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 2-5, Oct. 1983.
- R.Szeliski, H.Y.Shum, "Creating Full View Panoramic Image Mosaics and Environment Maps", Computer Graphics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp.251-258, Aug. 1997
- David G. Lowe, "Distinctive image features from scaleinvariant keypoints," International journal of computer vision, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 5-16, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000027787.82851.b6
Supported by : Kwangwoon University