- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Disinfection, Sterilization and Aseptic Technique for Thread Embedding Acupuncture
안전한 매선요법 시술을 위한 멸균, 소독 및 무균법
Yun, Young-Hee;Son, Jae-Woong;Ko, Seong-Gyu;Choi, In-Hwa
- Received : 2015.12.24
- Accepted : 2016.02.10
- Published : 2016.02.25
Objective : Thread embedding acupuncture has become popular as a minimally invasive treatment for facial wrinkles and laxity. However, there is little published clinical practice guidelines about disinfection, sterilization and aseptic technique for thread embedding acupuncture. This study is to introducing a specific guidelines about disinfection, sterilization and aseptic technique for thread embedding acupuncture.Method : We reviewed internal regulations and guidelines about hospital infection, and Traditional Korean medicine doctors, nurses, and director of central supply room discussed in depth and established a regulation of disinfection, sterilization and aseptic technique for thread embedding acupuncture.Result : The regulation of disinfection, sterilization and aseptic technique for thread embedding acupuncture consisted of ① management of supplies, ② guidelines of disinfection, sterilization, and reuse, ③ aseptic technique for thread embedding acupuncture.Conclusion : Microbial management is an essential element of medical care and quality. Traditional Korean medicine doctors will care for disinfection, sterilization, and this should not neglect to comply with the procedures and guidelines in the medical field as well as to understand the aseptic techniques.
Thread embedding acupuncture;Disinfection;Sterilization;Aseptic Technique
- Yun YH, Kim TY, Lim TJ, Hwang YH, Choi IH. Narrative review and propose of thread embedding acupuncture procedure for facial wrinkles and facial laxity. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2015;28(1):119-33. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.1.119
- Kwon K. The analysis on the present condition of thread-embedding therapy papers published in journal of Korean Medicine. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2014;27(4):16-44. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.016
- Korean Society for Nosocomial Infection Control. Infection control and prevention in healthcare facilities. Seoul, Hanmibook. 2011.
- Song JJ, Kim S, Kim KM, Choi SJ, Oh HS, Park ES, et al. Prospective estimation of extra health care costs and hospitalization due to nosocomial infections in Korean hospitals. Korean J Nosocom Infect Control. 1999;4:157-65.
- Choi JY. Prevention and management of hospital infections. Korean J Intern Med Abstract Book. 2014;2:58-65.
- Baek JH, Chun JH, Kim HS, Lee JY, Kim HO, Park YM. Two Cases of Facial Foreign Body Granuloma Induced by Needle-Embedding Therapy. Korean J Dermatol. 2011:49(10):72-5.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation. Accreditation standards of traditional korean medicine hospital. 2013.
- Lee J, Seo HM, Hwang SH, Lee HJ, Kim YH, Min JH, et al. Foreign Body Reaction Induced by Gold Coated Needle- Embedding Therapy. Korean J Dermatol Abstract Book. 2012;134.
- Park KY, Park HS, Yun HS, Cho SY. Facial foreign body granulomas caused by filler injection and barbed thread-lifting. Korean J Dermatol. 2014:52(6):443-4.
- Kim SJ, Im M, Lee Y, Lee JH, Seo YJ. Skin pigmentation after gold thread embedding therapy by illegal cosmetic procedure. Korean J Dermatol Abstract Book. 2014;508.
- Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong. Guidline of disinfection, sterilization and aseptic procedure of medical supplies. 2015
- Yun YH. Effect of thread embedding acupuncture for facial wrinkles and laxity: a single arm, prospective, open label study. Ph. D. Dissertation, University of KyungHee, Seoul. 2015.
- PS Brauman. Epidemiology of nosocomial infections, Hospital infections. Fourth Edition. Atlanta, Georgia:Lippincott-Raven.1998.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Hospital infection control guidelines. 2008
- Cho KH, Ki W, Yuk DI, Sung IS, Kim MJ, Kwon EH. Literature study on the infection control of Dochim. The Acupuncture. 2013:30(4);181-7. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2013035
- Kim KM, Kim HJ, Choi JS. Knowledge and performance level of infection control and influencing factors of oriental medical doctors and nurses in Korea. Korean J Adult Nurs. 2012:24(1);74-84. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.1.74
Grant : 한의약 근거창출 임상연구
Supported by : 경희대학교산학협력단