- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of Microneedle Therapy System(MTS) and Hwangryeonhaedoktang Pharmacopuncture Solution on Hair Growth in an Alopecia Model of C57BL/6N Mouse
C57BL/6N 마우스 탈모모델에서 미세다륜침(MTS)과 황련해독탕 약침액 도포가 모발성장에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.01.13
- Accepted : 2016.02.01
- Published : 2016.02.25
Objective : This study was carried out to investigate the effect of Hwangryeonhaedoktang pharmacopuncture solution (HRHDT) and microneedle therapy system (MTS) on hair growth in an alopecia model of C57BL/6N mice.Methods : Six-week old mice were depilated and separated in 4 groups ; CON (saline), MXD (3% Minoxidil), MTS and HRHDT+MTS. The treatments were applied twice a week for 17 days. The hair growth was determined photographically. The hair density, thickness and length were identified by Folliscope and the weights of body and organs were measured. In dorsal skin tissue, the expression of hair growth-related gene and protein was analyzed by RT-PCR. In addition, the hair follicles in the dermis were observed by H&E staining.Results : The promotion of hair growth was observed in HRHDT+MTS and MTS compared to CON. The hair density, thickness and length were also improved in HRHDT+MTS and MTS compared to CON. The mRNA expression of IGF-1, PRL and PL and the protein expression of VEGF and IGF-1 were increased in HRHDT+MTS and MTS compared to CON. The hair follicles and hair root growth were improved in HRHDT+MTS and MTS compared to CON. In the above results, HRHDT+MTS were more effective than MTS.Conclusions : These results suggest that HRHDT and MTS have a hair growth activity and can be useful for the treatment of alopecia.
microneedle therapy system;wangryeonhaedoktang pharmacopuncture solution;alopecia;IGF-1;PRL;PL;VEGF;C57BL/6N
- SNU Dept. of Dermatology. Dermatology for students in medicine. Seoul:Korea medical book publisher. 2011:261.
- Min BK. Diagnosis and Treatment of Hair & Scalp Disorders. Seoul:Hanmibook. 2005:23.
- Ahn SG, Ji HG, Hwang SM, JUNG J, Jang KH. Common Skin Disease. Seoul:Pacific Publisher. 2003:437.
- Ahn SG, Lee SH. Core Dermatology. Seoul:Korea medical book publisher. 1999:188-91.
- Rumsfield JA1, West DP, Fiedler-Weiss VC. Topical minoxidil therapy for hair regrowth. Clin Pharm. 1987;6(5):386-92.
- Ha WH, Park DH. Effect of Seaweed extract on Hair growth promotion in experimental study of C57BL/6 mice. Archives of Craniofacial Surgery. 2103;14(1):1-10. https://doi.org/10.7181/acfs.2013.14.1.1
- Lee HH, Jung MY, Kim SJ. Scalp Care & Medical Treatment. Seoul:Chungram publisher. 2005:127-32.
- Yun JH, Kim KH, Jang SJ, Sin MS. One case treated alopecia areata with herbal acupunture. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2001;14(1):105-10.
- Health Insuranve Review & Assessment Service. 2014.
- Lee SH, Lee JR. Association of Diffuse Hair Loss of Adult Male on Stress, Self-confidence, and Depression. J of the Korean Society of Cosmetology. 2010;16(4):1171-9.
- Jang HY, Choi KH, Kim SH, Kwon KR, Kim BW. Bibliographic Studies of Depilation. J of Pharmacopuncture. 2002;5(2):92-108. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2002.5.2.092
- Lee SW, Ko JM, Lee SY, Lee MH, Kim YJ, Lee SH, et al. A Case Study of Beevenom Effect on Alopecia Universalis Started from Alopecia Areata. The J of Kor Acupunct Moxibus Society. 2008;25(6):163-73.
- Yoon HJ, A Case Study of Androgenetic Alopecia in woman Improved by Pharmacopuncture Therapy and Needleembedding Therapy. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2014;27(3):162-70. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.3.162
- Ju BH, Yu SA, Kang KH, Lee SY. Effects of Ganoderma Lucidum Extract Ethanol Extract and Microneedle Therapy System on Hair Growth in an Alopecia Model of C57BL/6N Mice. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2014;28(2):72-87. https://doi.org/10.7778/jpkm.2014.28.2.072
- Lee MW, Jo HY, Kim TH, Kim NS, Jeong HS, Lee CH. Experimental Studies on the Hair Growth Activity of Mixed Extracts of Mylabris Phalerata Pall and Drynariae Rhizoma in Spontaneous Alopecia Model and Normal C57BL/6N Mice. Korean J. Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2008;22(4):778-90.
- Choi HM, Hwang SJ, Lee JS, Do EJ, Kim MY, Kim MR. Effects of Hair Tonic and Food including Korean Medicinal Herbs on Hair Growth in an Alopecia Model of C57BL/6 Mice. Kor. J. Herbology. 2011;26(1):119-24.
- Oriental Medical Prescription Professor of Oriental Medicine College. Oriental Medical Prescription. Seoul:Younglimsa. 2003:180.
- Cho GI, Kim JU, Lee YJ, Rhim EK, Shin SH, Kim DW, et al. Two cases of Chest Heating Sensation treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang Herbal-Acupuncture. J of Pharmacopuncture. 2003;6(2):127-35. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2003.6.2.127
- Ju YS, Kim KY, Jang SH. Beauty Treatment Donguibogam. Seoul:Seongbosa. 2004:140.
- Herbology Professor of Oriental Medicine College. Herbology. Seoul:Younglimsa. 2000:167,178,180,182.
- Kim HK, Youn HM, Ahn CB. Clinical Studies on Hwangryunhaedoktang Herbal-Acupuncture Therapy on functional Headache. J of Pharmacopuncture. 2006;9(3):131-8. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2006.9.3.131
- Lee CW, Park IB, Kim SW, Ahn CB, Song CH, Jang KJ, et al. The Clinical Study on Chronic Conjunctivitis or Xerophthalmia treated with The Hwangryunhaedock-tang Herbal Acupuncture Therapy. Kor. J. of Acupuncture. 2003;20(4) :77-84.
- Hong CH. Two cases of Seborrheic Dermatitis treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang Pharmacopuncture Therapy. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2012;25(2):68-75. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2012.25.2.068
- Lee HY, Kim GJ, Kim YJ, Ahn SG, Lee SN, Lee SO. Dermatology. Seoul:Koonja Publisher. 2003:44-5.
- Sa WM, Kang H. Chinese Medical Prescription of Hair Loss. Xi'an:Hyeopsseo Science Technology Puclisher. 1988:1,12,15.
- Choi BS. power handbook minor. Seoul: Koonja publisher. 2011:562.
- Lee JS, Kim SN. A survey of the status of hair Loss product use, hair Loss treatment and satisfaction Level. J of Fashion Business. 2007;11(2):76-91.
- Melcangi RC, Caruso D, Abbiati F, Giatti S, Calabrese D, Piazza F, et al. Neuroactive steroid levels are modified in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma of post-finasteride patients showing persistent sexual side effects and anxious/depressive symptomatiligy. J Sex Med. 2013;10(10):2598-603. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsm.12269
- Kwon GJ, Lee CH, Lee MW, Mun YJ, Choi DH, Lee HJ, et al. Morphological Studies on Hair Growth Effect of Samultang-gamibang in Alopecia Areata Mice. Korean J Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2005;19(3):696-704.
- Yi TH, Moon JB, Kim YJ, An KE. Oriental Medicine Therapy in the Treatment of Men with Androgenetic Alopecia. J of Kor Acupunct & Moxibus. 2006;23(1):179-86.
- Kim NK, Du IS, Mun YJ, Woo WH. Clinical Study on the Effect of Sangmogen on the Alopecia. Korean J Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2005;19(1):270-8.
- Lee JH, Kang YR, Jeong YH, Ahn TK. A Case of Extensive Alopecia Areata Treated with Traditional Oriental Hair Care Products. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2009;22(2):269-80.
- Park SG, Jo HG, Yang MS, Choi JB, Kim SJ. Bibliographic Study on Herbal Medicine for Alopecia. Korean J Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2010;24(3):367-72.
- Chung JR. Effect of Fever in Parietal Region on the Hair-loss. Kor. J. Aesthet. Cosmetol. 2011;9(2):115-23.
- Yim SR. Study on the skin improvement effect per the length of microneedle therapy system (MTS). Konyang Unversity. 2014.
- Olsen EA. Disorders of Hair Growth Diagnosis and Treatment. NY McGraw-Hill. 1994:39-58.
- Mark RP. Microneedles for Transdermal Drug Delivery. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2004;56(5):581-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2003.10.023
- Al-Qallaf B, Das DB. Optimizing Microneedle Arrays for Transdermal Drug Delivery: Extension to Non-square Distribution of Microneedles. J Drug Target. 2009;17(2):108-22. https://doi.org/10.1080/10611860802472370
- Aust MC, Fernandes D, Kolokythas P, Kaplan HM, Vogt PM. Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy: An Alternative Treatment for Scars, Wrinkles and Skin Laxity. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;121(4):1421-9. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000304612.72899.02
- Kim BJ, Lee YY, Hong HK, Lee DH, Ha CH, Kim JY, et al. Drug Delivery System Using MTS(Microneedling Therapy System). Kor J of Dermatology. 2006;44(2):116.
- Moon HS, Kim SE, Goh DS, Lee YY. A Comparative Study between microneedling and IPL on Collagen Production in Rat skin. Kor J of Dermatology. 2006;44(2):112.
- Lee EM. The Effect of Microneedle Therapy System on the Hair Loss Alleviation for Men in Their 20s to 30s. Konkuk University. 2009.
- Lee JH. Exposure to the repetitive restraint stress alters the innate behavior but not contextual learning and memory function in rats. Wonkwang University. 2011.
- Lee SG, Han KS, Jeong SG, Oh MH, Jang AR, Kim DH, et al. A Study on the Sensory Characteristic of Yogurt and Antimicrobial Activity of Lactobacillus plantarum LHC52 Isolated from Kimchi. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour..2010;30(2):328-35. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2010.30.2.328
- Ahn SY, Pi LQ, Hwang SJ, Lee WS. Effect of IGF-I on Hair Growth Is Related to the Anti-Apoptotic Effect of IGF-I and Up-Regulation of PDGF-A and PDGF-B. Kor J. of Dermatology. 2012;24(1):26-31.
- Back SH, Yoon JB, Sim WY, Haw CR. Effects of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors on Hair Growth in Vitro. Kor. Journal of Dermatology. 1999;37(1):23-30.
- Hibino T, Nishiyama T. Role of TGF-β2 in the Human Hair Cycle. J. of Dermatological Science. 2003;35(1):9-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdermsci.2003.12.003
- Gönül M, Gül U, Cakmak S, Kilinç C, Kilinç S. Prolactin Levels in the Patients with Alopecia Areata. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2009;23(11):1343-4. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2009.03222.x