- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparative Study on Treatment of Acne Scar
여드름 흉터의 치료방법에 대한 비교연구
- Received : 2016.01.09
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.02.25
Objective : This study performed to evaluate that duration of acne scars effects on Qualitative Global Acne Scarring Grading System(QGASC) grade changing and treatment duration. Also this study performed to evaluate the relationship between dysmenorrhea and acne scars, and the effects of each treatment on treatment duration and Korean Acne Grading System(KAGS) and QGASC grade.Methods : 95 patients with acne scars were understood by medical records and case photos, and we evaluated pre and post acne scar grade based on KAGS and QGASC. We analyzed data by SPSS 22 for windows program, and figured out the relation between duration of acne and QGASC grade and treatment duration by Spearman correlation analysis, and performed Mann-Whitney U-test to figure out the relation between dysmenorrhea and QGASC grade. We performed Wilcoxon test to evaluate that treatment of acne scars effects on KAGS grade and QGASC grade, and performed Kruskal-Wallis test to figure out the difference of each treatment which effects on KAGS grade and QGASC grade, and performed Post-hoc analysis to figure out the group comparison.Results & Conclusions : QGASC grade depending on duration of acne was statistically significance. Subcision and Microneedle Therapy System(MTS) and pharmacopuncture were significantly improved acne scars. Other treatments were significantly more effective than subcision and pharmacopuncture combined treatment. Treatment duration of Subcision and MTS combined treatment was significantly most shortest than other treatment.
- Well D. Acne vulgaris: A review of causes and treatment options. Nurse Pract. 2013;38:22-31. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NPR.0000434089.88606.70
- Lee SH, Cho HS, Seung NR, Jung SJ, Kim CW, Jo HJ, Kim KH, Kim KJ. Quality of life of Acne Patients. Korean J Dermatol. 2006;44(6):688-95.
- Huang L. A new modality for fracional CO2 laser resurfacing for acne scars in Asians. Lasers Med Sci. 2012;28(2):627-32. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10103-012-1120-5
- Khunger N. Standard guidelines of care for acne surgery. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprel. 2008;74:28-36. https://doi.org/10.4103/0378-6323.38403
- Lee KS, Kim YR, Choi HS. Case Study of Treating Acne Scar Using Scar Regeneration Acupuncture Therapy and Micro-needle Therapy. The Acupuncture. 2012;29(4):81-91.
- Ramadan SA, El-Komy MH, Bassiouny DA, El-Tobshy SA. Subcision versus 100% trichloroacetic acid in the treatment of rolling acne scars. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37(5):626-33. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2011.01954.x
- Lee JW, Kim BJ, Kim MN, Lee CK. Treatment of acne scars using subdermal minial surgery technology. Dermatol Surg. 2010;36(8):1281-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2010.01623.x
- Baek SC, Hong MS, Jegal H, Jin YH, Joo TM, Lee SJ, et al. A Clinical Report on The Atrophic Acne Scar with Subcision. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2012;25(4):80-8. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2012.25.4.080
- Jacob CI, Dover JS, Kaminer MS. Acne scarring: a classification system and review of treatment options. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;45:109-17. https://doi.org/10.1067/mjd.2001.113451
- Layton AM, Henderson CA, Cunliffe WJ. A clinical evaluation of acne scarring and its incidence. Clin Exp Dermatol. 1994;19:303-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2230.1994.tb01200.x
- Gozali MV, Zhou B. Effective treatments of atrophic acne scars. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2015 May;8(5):33-40.
- Kim S, Cho KH. Clinical trial of dual treatment with an ablative fractional laser and a nonablative laser for the treatment of acne scars in Asian patients. Dermatol Surg. 2009;35(7):1089-98. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2009.01193.x
- Hession MT, Graber EM. Atrophic Acne Scarring: A Review of Treatment Options. Graber J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2015;8(1):50–8.
- Heo JE, Yun JM, Shin SH. Case Study of Treating Acne Scars Using Reconstruction of Skin Scarsand Auto Microneedle Therapy System. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2013;26(4):127-34. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2013.26.4.127
- Kim MJ, Kim SK, Ko SJ, Park JW. A Case Study of MOK and V Yakchim on Functional Dyspepsia. Korea Immuno-yakchim Society. 2014;3(2):41-9.
- Greg JG, Jennifer A. Postacne Scarring:A Qualitative Global Scarring Grading System. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:1458-66.
- Sung KJ, Rho YS, Choi EH, Oh JJ, Lee JH, Kim SW, et al. Korean Acne Grading System. Korean J Dermatol. 2004;42(10):1241-7.
- Lee HK, Ok YK, Choi YH, Kim JH. Clinical considerations on Factors related the Acne. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2015;28(2):13-22. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2015.28.2.013
- Case Study on Treating Acne Scar Using Hani-maehwa Laser vol.29, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2016.29.2.106