- Volume 19 Issue 1
Analysis on Qualitative Research in the Field of Elementary Mathematics Education
초등 수학교육 관련 연구에서 활용된 질적 연구 방법에 대한 분석
- Received : 2016.03.04
- Accepted : 2016.03.25
- Published : 2016.03.30
This qualitative study investigates how qualitative research methods are applied into educational journals, especially focusing on research articles in the field of mathematics education. Since the mid 90s, there has been growing interest in qualitative research in Korea. As a result, qualitative research methods are becoming one of the main research methods in education, quite different from before the mid 90s that quantitative research methods themselves alone were undispute d research methods. However, such change in research methods also lead to a matter of concern, the rigor and quality of qualitative research. In order to identify how qualitative research methods are applied, this study carefully selects an d analyzes 5 article that used qualitative methods and were published by Education of Primary School Mathematics Journal in 2012. Several leading scholars' ideas and theories of qualitative research are used in the analytical process, with careful attention paid to every detailed element of 5 selected articles. In sum, this study concludes with practical implications for qualitative researchers and discusses future directions for improving qualitative research practice.
- 강신포.김판수.유화전 (2003). 초등학교 수학 영재 및 일반 아동의 정의적 특성 비교 연구. 학교수학, 5(4), 441-457.
- 나장함 (2006). 질적 연구의 다양한 타당성에 대한 비교 분석 연구. 교육평가연구, 19(1), 265-283.
- 나장함 (2012). 교과교육과 수업 연구에서의 질적 접근: 질적 연구 샘플링에 대한 고찰을 중심으로. 교육연구, 53, 75-104.
- 나장함.김진호 (2016). 초등 수학교육 관련 혼합 연구에서 적용된 질적 연구 방법에 대한 분석. 초등수학교육, 19(1), 47-60.
- Denzin, N. K. (1978). The research act: A theoretical introduction to sociological methods (2nd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Esiner, E. W. (1979). The educational imagination: On the design and education of school programs. New York: Macmillan.
- Fishbein, M. & Ajzen, I. (1975). Belief, attitude, intention, and behavior: A introduction to theory and research. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Gorger, L., & Mayberry, P. S., & Straker, J. K. (1999). What we didn't learn because of who would not talk to us. Qualitative Health Research, 9(6), 829-835. https://doi.org/10.1177/104973299129122180
- Guba, E. G., & Lincoln, Y. S. (1981). Effective evaluation: Improving the usefulness of evaluation results through responsive and naturalistic approaches. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Libarkin, J. C. (2002). Research methodologies in science education: The qualitativequantitative debate. Journal of Geoscience Education, 50(1), 78-86.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Guba, E. G. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Lofland, J. (1971). Analyzing social settings. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Maxwell, J. A. (1992). Understanding and validity in qualitative research. Harvard Educational Review, 62, 279-300. https://doi.org/10.17763/haer.62.3.8323320856251826
- Maxwell, J. A. (1996). Qualitative research design: An interactive approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Merriam, S. B. (1998). Qualitative research and case study applications in education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Milles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M. (1984). Drawing valid meaning from qualitative data: Toward a shared craft. Educational Researcher, 13, 20-30.
- Milles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M. (1994). Qualitative data analysis: An expanded source book (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Onwuegbuzie, A. J., & Leech, N. L. (2007). A call for qualitative power analysis. Quality and Quantity, 41, 105-121. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-005-1098-1
- Patton, M. G. (2002). Qualitative research and evaluation methods (3rd ed.). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Patton, M. G. (2015). Qualitative research and evaluation methods (4th ed.). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.