- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Control Efficacy of Bacterial Fruit Blotch Caused by Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli in Recent Issues
최근 문제시 되는 수박 과일썩음병에 대한 방제효과 분석
Back, Chang-Gi;Lee, Sung-Chan;Park, Mi-Jeoung;Han, Kyung-Sook;Kim, Hong-Ki;Lee, Yoon-Su;Park, Jong-Han
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.03.13
- Published : 2016.03.31
Bacterial fruit blotch (BFB) caused by Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli is defective disease to watermelon cultivated areas. To control of BFB, we investigated control efficiency to use commercial antibacterial pesticides. Growth inhibition zone on medium were formed as oxolinic acid WP and oxytetracycline WP. Control efficacy of four anti-bacterial pesticides on seed and seedling stage were performed. As a results, oxytetracyclin WP is shown over 90% control efficiency on seed and acibenzolar-S-methyl + mancozeb WP shown over 90% control efficiency on seedling stage Hot-water treatment method could be possible to reduced infection rate on seed. The conditions of hot-water treatments are
Anti-bacterial pesticides;Bacterial fruit blotch;Control;Hot-water treatment
- Cheng, A. H., Y. L. Hsu, T. C. Huang and H. L. Wang (2000) Susceptibility of cucurbits to Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli and control of fruit blotch on melon. Plant Pathol. Bull. 9:151-156.
- Cho, M. S., D. H. Park, T. Y. Ahn and D. S. Park (2015) Rapid and specific detection of Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli using SYBR green-based real-time PCR amplification of the YD-repeat protein gene. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 25:1401-1409. https://doi.org/10.4014/jmb.1502.02029
- Ha, Y., A. Fessehaie, K. S. Ling, W. P. Wechter, A. P. Keinath and R. R. Walcott (2009) Simultaneous detection of Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli and Didymella bryoniae in cucurbit seedlots using magnetic capture hybridization and real-time polymerase chain reaction. Phytopathology 99:666-678. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO-99-6-0666
- Isakeit, T., M. C. Black, L. W. Barnes, and J. B. Jones (1997) First report of infection of honeydew with Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli. Plant Dis. 81:694-701.
- Kim, A. H., C. L. Yeon, J. H. Kim and H. T. Kim (2012) Controlling activity of Bion-M against bacterial spot caused by Xanthomonas euvesicatoria. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 16:171-177. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2012.16.2.171
- Kim, S. W., M. Adhikari, D. Yadav, H. G. Lee, Y. H. Um, H. S. Kim and Y. S. Lee (2015) Antimicrobial activity of nano materials against Acidovorax citrulli and other plant pathogens. Res. Plant Dis. 21:12-19. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2015.21.1.012
- Kim, Y. T., K. S. Park, H. Y. Kim, H. I. Lee and J. S. Cha (2015) Development of nested-PCR assay to detect Acidovorax citrulli, a causal agent of bacterial fruit blotch at cucurbitaceae. Res. Plant Dis. 21:74-81. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2015.21.2.074
- Latin, R. X. and K. K. Fane (1990) Bacterial fruit blotch of watermelon in Indiana. Plant Dis. 74:331-335.
- Latin, R. X. and D. L. Hopkins (1995) Bacterial fruit blotch of watermelon: the hypothetical question becomes reality. Plant Dis. 79:761-765. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-79-0761
- Lee, S. C., K. S. Han, J. W. Soh and J. H. Park (2014) Effect of mulching materials for suppression of bacterial fruit blotch of watermelon. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 32(SUPPL. II):117. (in Korean)
- Martin, H. L., R. G. O'Brien and D. V. Abbott (1999) First report of Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli as a pathogen of cucumber. Plant Dis. 83:965.
- Park, K. S., Y. T. Kim, H. S. Kim, J. S. Cha and K. H. Park (2015) Selection of the antibacterial agents for control against Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae causing leaf spot disease on green pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata). Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 19:119-124. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2015.19.2.119
- Schaad, N. W. and R. D. Freederick (2002) Real-time PCR and its application for rapid plant disease diagnostics. Can. J. Plant Pathol. 34:250-258.
- Seo, S. T., J. H. Park, J. S. Lee, K. S. Han and S. R. Cheong (2006) Bacterial fruit blotch of melon caused by Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli. Res. Plant Dis. 12:185-188. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2006.12.3.185
- Shirakawa, T., S. Kikuchi, T. Kato, A. Abiko and A. Kaiwa (2000) Occurrence of watermelon bacterial fruit blotch in Japan. Jpn. J. Plant Pathol. 66:223-231.
- Song, J. Y., S. J. Park, M. W. Seo, M. H. Nam, H. S. Lim, S. C. Lee, Y. S. Lee and H. G. Kim (2015) Genetic characteristics of Acidovorax citrulli population causing bacterial fruit blotch against cucumbits in Korea. Res. Plant Dis. 21:82-88. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2015.21.2.082
- Song, W. Y., H. M. Kim, I. Y. So and Y. K. Kang (1991) Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes subsp. citrulli: The causal agent of bacterial fruit blotch rot on watermelon. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 7:177-182.
- Walcott, R. R., D. B. Langston, H. H. Sanders and R. D. Gitaitis (2000) Investigating intraspecific variation of Acidovorax avenae subsp. citrulli using DNA fingerprinting and whole cell fatty acid analysis. Phytopathology 90:191-196. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.2000.90.2.191
Supported by : 농림수산식품부 농림수산기술기획평가원 GSP 채소종자사업단