- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Changed in Feeding Behavior of Cacopsylla pyricola Foerster (Hemiptera: Psyllidae) and Activities of Several Insecticides
몇 가지 약제처리에 대한 꼬마배나무이(Cacopsylla pyricola Foerster)의 섭식행동 변화 및 살충효과
- Received : 2016.03.04
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.03.31
Feeding behaviors of the pear psylla, Cacopsylla pyricola, and their changing feeding behaviors were recorded and analyzed with an electrical penetration graph (EPG) analysis against 5 insecticides. And their mortality against insecticides were carried out in the laboratory. General feeding behavior patterns of C. pyricola were changed by insecticide treatments. Especially, the type and frequency of waveforms differently occurred depending on a sort of insecticides treated. Total duration of transition to waveform PE1 and phloem ingestion (waveform PE2) were significantly different between treatment and non-treatment of insecticides. When 5 different insecticides were treated on pear leaves, difference of feeding patterns were recorded. In case of treatment of benfuracarb, total duration of non-probes (waveform Np) was appeared higher than any other insecticide. However, when flonicamid and deltamethrin were treatment, total duration of stylet penetration (waveform PA) and xylem ingestion (waveform PG) were appeared higher than other insecticide, respectively. As results feeding behaviour of C. pyricola after treated insecticides with time-based consumed rate of C. pyricola, the rate of non-probe (waveform Np) was longer than start penetration (waveform PA), penetration and ingestion in parenchyma cells (waveform PC1+PC2), ingestion at phloem (waveform PD+PE1+PE2) and xylem (waveform PG). As result of direct spray treatment to C. pyricola, mortality of C. pyricola against imidacloprid was higher than any other insecticide on 24 hours after treatment. However, all of insecticides showed 100% mortality of after 48 hours. On the other hand, when 5 insecticides sprayed on the pear leaves and then C. pyricola located on the treated leaves, benfuracarb showed the most toxicity against C. pyricola among insecticides. These result was consistent with the EPG results that showed relatively longer total duration time of waveform Np (non-probes) by benfuracarb treatment.
pear psylla;Cacopsylla pyricola;feeding behavior;insecticide
- Alston, D. (2007) Pear psylla (Cacopsylla pyricola). Published by Utah State University Extension and Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory. ENT-62-07. p4.
- Boina, D. R., Y. Youn, S. Folimonovac, and L. L. Stelinski (2011) Effects of pymetrozine, an antifeedant of Hemiptera, on Asian citrus psyllid, Diaphorina citri, feeding behavior, survival and transmission of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus. Pest Manag. Sci. 67:146-155. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.2042
- Burts, E. C., H. E. van de Baan and B. A. Croft (1989) Pyrethroid resistance in pear psylla, Psylla pyricola Foerster (Homoptera: Psyllidae), and synergism of pyrethroids with piperonyl butoxide. Can. Ent. 121:219-223. https://doi.org/10.4039/Ent121219-3
- Diane, A. and M. Marion (2007) Pear psylla (Cacopsylla pyricola). Utah Pests. Utah State University. United States.
- Follett, P. A., B. A. Croft and P. H. Westigard (1985) Regional resistance to insecticides in Psylla pyricola from pear orchards in oregon. Can. Ent. 117:565-573. https://doi.org/10.4039/Ent117565-5
- Fukuto, T. R (1990) Mechanism of action of organophosphorus and carbamate insecticides. Environ. Health Perspect. 87:245-254. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.9087245
- Harrewijin, P. and H. Kayser (1997) Pymetrozine, a fastacting and selective inhibitor of aphid feeding. In-situ studies with electronic monitoring of feeding behaviour. Pest. Sci. 49(2):130-140. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1096-9063(199702)49:2<130::AID-PS509>3.0.CO;2-U
- Hu, X. S., H. Y. Zhao, Z.Q. Hu, D. H. Li, Y. H. Zhang (2008) EPG comparison of Sitobion avenae (Fab.) feeding behaviors on the wheat varieties. Sci. Agric. Sinica. 7(2): 180-186.
- Jin, M. and B. Han (2007) The probing behavior of the tea green leafhopper on different tea plant cultivar. Acta Ecol. Sin. 27(10):3973-3982. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-2032(07)60083-3
- Jo, C. W., C. R. Park, K. S. Yoon, M. A. Kang, H. R. Kwon, E. J. Kang, M. J. Seo, Y. M. Yu and Y. N. Youn (2009) Comparison of life table and feeding behavior of resistance and susceptible population of the green peach aphid, Myzus pericae (Hemiptera: Aphididae) against etofenprox. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48(3):301-310. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.3.301
- Knaust, H. J. and H. M. Poehling (1994) Studies on the action of imidacloprid on cereal aphids and their efficiency to transmit the BYD-virus. Bull. OILB-SROP. 17(4):89-100.
- Kordan, B., B. Gabrys, K. Dancewicz, L. B. Lahuta, A. Piotrowicz-Cieslak and E. Rowinska (2008) European yellow lupine, Lupinus luteus, and narrow-leaf lupine, Lupinus angustifolius, as hosts for the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum. Entomol. Exp. Appl. 128(1):139-146 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1570-7458.2008.00702.x
- Morita, M., T. Ueda, T. Yoneda, T. Koyanagi and T. Haga (2007) Flonicamid, a novel insecticide with a rapid inhibitory effect on aphid feeding. Pest. Manag. Sci. 63(11):969-973. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.1423
- Narahashi, T. (1971) Mode of action of pyrethroids. Bull. World. Health. Organ. 44(1-2-3):337-345
- Park, M. W., H. R. Kwon, Y. M. Yu and Y. N. Youn (2016) Feeding Behaviors of Cacopsylla pyricola (Hemiptera: Psyllidae) using electrical penetration graphs (EPGs). CNU J. Agricul. Sci. in press.
- Seo, B. Y., Y. H. Kwon, J. K. Jung and G. H. Kim (2009a) Electrical penetration graphic waveforms in relation to the actual positions of the stylet tips of Nilaparvata lugens in rice tissue. J. Asia. Pac. Entomol. 12(2):89-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aspen.2009.02.002
- Seo, M. J., M. K. Kang, H. B. Seok, C. W. Cho, J. S. Choi, C. Jang., I. C. Hwang, Y. M. Yu and Y. N. Youn (2009b) Characteristics of feeding hehaviors of Myzus pericae (Hemiptera: Aphididae) depending on inflow concentrations of dinotefuran. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48(2):171-178 https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.2.171
- Seo, M. J., Y. J. Oh, C. M. Yoon, Y. N. Youn and G. H. Kim (2007) Differentiation in feeding behaviour of biotypes B and Q of Bemisia tabaci (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) against three insecticides. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 46(3):401-408. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2007.46.3.401
- Tomizawa, M and J. E. Casida (2005) Neonicotinoid insecticide toxicology : mechanisms of selective action. Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 45:247-268. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pharmtox.45.120403.095930
- Yang, J. O., E. H. Kim, C. M. Yoon, K. S. Ahn and G. H. Kim (2009) Comparison of feeding behavior of B and Q biotypes of Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) against red peeper and tomato varieties. Korean J. Appl. Entomol. 48(2):179-188 https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.2.179
- Yang, J. O., S. R. Jo., Y. H. Kwon., C. M. Yoon and G. H. Kim (2010) Comparison of insecticidal activity and feeding behavior of Nilaparvata lugens by root uptake times against fenobucarb and imidacloprid. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 14(2): 175-182.