- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Bearing Capacity Study for Small-Scale Testing of Rotary Pile with Helix Plate
축소모형 로타리 파일의 나선날개에 따른 지지성능에 관한 연구
Shin, Eun-Chul;Kim, Kyeong-Sig;Moon, Hyeong-Rok
- Received : 2015.11.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.23
- Published : 2016.03.30
Rotary pile consists a single or multiple helix plate and it is installed into the ground using the rotation of the helix plate. Rotary pile in soft ground is able to be supported by pile shaft and helix plate. When the pile is installed into hard layer relatively, the end bearing capacity is possible to be increased by the lower helix plate. In this paper, small-size rotary piles were manufactured with using steel pipe which is reduced to 1/5 size of the rotary pile on the construction field. Pile load test was carried out on the foundation soil which was formed by weathered soft soil. The bearing capacity of small-scale piles depends on the number of helix plate, the length of plate diameter, and an interval of plates, respectively. The bearing capacity of pile increases about 40% with 3 helix plate and it is also confirmed that the bearing capacity is improved about 10% as the increment of plate interval.
Rotary pile;Laboratory model test;Bearing capacity;Pile shaft;Helix plate
- ASTM D 1143-81 (1994), Standard Test Methods for Piles Under Static Axial Compressive Load, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohochen, PA.
- Brinch-Hansen, J. (1963), "Discussion on Hyperbolic Stress-Strain Response Cohesive Soils", Journal for Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, ASCE, Vol.89, SM4, pp.241-242.
- Cho, C. H., Heo, Y. and Bae, W. S. (2013), "Behavior Characteristics of helical pile in granite residual soil", Journal of The Korean Geo-Environmental Society, pp.41-50.
- Ha, T. S., Moon, H. R. and Moon, H. M. (2013), "An analysis of correlation between predicted and measured bearing capacity in Rotary(Helical) pile method", Proceedings of Korean Geotechnical Society.
- Hendrickson, R. (1984), The Ocean Almanac, Doubleday, New York.
- Lee, J., Lee, D., Kim, H. and Choi, H. (2014), "Effective of Configuration of Shaft and Helix Plate on Bearing Capacity of Moderate-size Helical Pile : Bearing Capacity Prediction", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.13, No.2, pp.41-47.
- Lee, J., Lee, D., Kim, H. and Choi, H. (2014), "Effective of Configuration of Shaft and Helix Plate on Bearing Capacity of Moderate-size Helical Pile : Test-bed Construction and Field Loading Test", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol.13, No.2, pp.31-39.
- Lee, M. J., Kim, K. M., Rhim, H. C. and Seo, G. B. (2010), "Experimental Research on the Bearing Capacity of Helical Steel Pile with Sand and Weathering Soil", Proceedings of Architecture Institute of Korea Conference, Vol.30, No.1, pp.209-210.
- Lutenegger, A. J., (2003), "Helical Screw Piles and Screw Anchors-An Historical Prospective and Introduction", Proceeding of Helical Foundations and Tie-Backs Seminar, Deep Foundation Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Meyerhof, G. G. (1951), "The Ultimate Bearing Capacity of Foundations" Geotechnique, Vol.2, No.4, pp.301-331. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19126.96.36.1991
- Mooney, J. S., Adamczak, S. Jr. and Clemence, S. P. (1985) "Uplift Capacity of Helical Anchors in Clay and Silt." Uplift Behavior of Anchor Foundations in Soil, ASCE, pp.48-72.
- Park, J. B., Lee, B. S., Park, Y. B., Lee, S. U., Lyu, H. W., and Lee, J. S. (2014), Improvement Plan for Design Capacity of LH PHC Pile, Korea Land & Housing Corp. Report 2014-47.
- Perko, H. A. (2009), Helical Piles, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey.
- Terzaghi, K. (1943), Theoretical Soil Mechanics, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
Supported by : 인천대학교