- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Selection of Borrow Pits by Using VE Techniques
VE 기법을 이용한 토취장 선정에 관한 연구
Kim, Seung-Ki;Lee, Byung-Suk;Yang, Jae-Hyouk;Lee, Jong-Cheon;Kim, Chan-kee
- Received : 2016.01.21
- Accepted : 2016.03.25
- Published : 2016.03.30
The purpose of this study is to review that the VE techniques can be used as a selection tool of borrow pit locations. The analysis of the soil investigation report is performed for the selection of proposed borrow pit site on a large-scale residential development area. Possible earthwork volume of mining is estimated and the weighting matrix evaluation is applied to the VE techniques. After determining the evaluation items for VE assessment, important degree was calculated. The Rating and evaluation of performance is carried out on a proposed borrow pit site. And, development priority has to be decided for a proposed borrow pit sites. As a result, the relative construction cost is closely related to the haulage distance. As the haulage distance increases, the relative construction cost will be increased. Therefore, it was confirmed quantitatively that haulage distance has a significant impact on the select of borrow pits. Also, it was found that the condition of borrow pits itself is important, but it cannot be ignored the impact of the life cycle cost for the selection of optimal borrow pit sites.
VE technique;Borrow pit;Weighting matrix evaluation;Haulage distance;Life cycle cost
- Alphonse, J. D. (1999), Value Engineering: Practical Applications for Design, Construction, Maintenance & Operations, Kingston ; R.S. Means Company, pp.231-244.
- Arratia, B. A. (1998), A FAST-Driven Approach to New Production Planning, SAVE International Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.247-264.
- Caltrans (1999), Value Analysis Report Guide, USA, pp.146-188.
- Kelly, J. and Male, S. (2001), A Quick Approach to Task FAST Diagrams, SAVE International Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.261-270.
- KICT (2000), A study on substantial operational techniques of construction VE, pp.86-90.
- Saaty, T. (1980), The Analytic Hierarchy Process, New York ; McGraw-Hill, pp.78-92.
- Warwick, T. (1994), Function Analysis for Team Problem Solving, SAVE International Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.127-132.