- Volume 15 Issue 1
In this manuscript, a modified single sampling plan is proposed for the inspection of products in which the nonconforming items can be classified in to two categories namely critical and non-critical; and explained with the help of industrial example. The operating procedure of this plan is also proposed and the performance measures such as the probability of acceptance, average sample number, average total inspection and average out going quality are also derived. The optimal parameters are determined which will have minimum sample size. The efficiency of the proposed plan is also discussed over the conventional single sampling plan. The extensive tables for selecting a modified single sampling plan based on AQL and LQL are provided for both Binomial and Poisson distributions and explained with the help of industrial data.
Critical Defects;Non-Critical Defects;Lot Sentencing;Acceptable Quality Level;Limiting Quality Level;Average Sample Number;Average Total Inspection
- Baker, J. R., Lattimore, P. K., and Matheson, L. A. (1993), Constructing optimal drug-testing plans using a Bayesian acceptance sampling model, Mathematical Computing and Modelling, 17, 77-88.
- Bebbington, M., Govindaraju, K., DeSilva, N., and Volz, R. (2000), Acceptance sampling and practical issues in procurement inspection of apples, ASA Proceedings of the Section on Quality and Productivity, 104-109.
- Bhaumik, S. and Bhargava, K. (2005), Application of acceptance sampling in testing of optical fiber, Proceedings of International Conference on Optics and Optoelectronics, IRDE, Dehradun, India.
- Borror, C. M. (2009), The Certified Quality Engineer Handbook (Edited volume), Third edition, ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
- Bray, D. F. and Lyon, D. A. (1973), Three class attributes plans in acceptance sampling, Technometrics, 15, 575-585. https://doi.org/10.1080/00401706.1973.10489085
- Clements, J. (1979), Three-class attribute sampling plans, ASQC Technical Conference Transactions, 264-271.
- Clements, J. (1980), Three-class attribute sampling planscontinued, ASQC Technical Conference Transactions, 475-482.
- Cassady, C. R. and Nachlas, J. A. (2003), Evaluating and implementing 3-level acceptance sampling plans, Quality Engineering, 15(3), 361-369. https://doi.org/10.1081/QEN-120018034
- Dahms, S. and Hildebrandt, G. (1998), Some remarks on the design of three-class sampling plans, Journal of Food Protection, 61(6), 757-761. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-61.6.757
- Deros, B. M., Peng, C. Y., AbRahma, M. N., Ismail, A. R., and Sulong, A. B. (2008), Assessing acceptance sampling application in manufacturing electrical and electronic products, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 31, 622-628.
- Duncan, A. J. (1986), Quality Control and Industrial Statistics, 5th Ed., Richard D. Irwin, Homewood, Illinois.
- Fernandez, E. S., Govindaraju, K., and Jones, G. (2015), Variables sampling plans using composite samples for food quality assurance, Food Control, 50, 530-538. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2014.09.041
- http://www.hkqcc.com/defect-classification.html, Defects Classification.
- Jeya Chandra, M. (2001), Statistical Quality Control, CRC Press, New York.
- Legan, J. D., Vandeven, M. H., Dahms, S., and Cole, M. B. (2001), Determining the concentration of microorganisms controlled by attributes sampling plans, Food Control, 12, 137-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-7135(00)00033-5
- Liu, F. and Cui, L. (2013), A design of attributes single sampling plans for three-class products, Quality Technology and Quantitative Management, 10, 369-387. https://doi.org/10.1080/16843703.2013.11673421
- Montgomery, D. C. (2009), Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, 6th Edition, John Wiley and Sons.
- Palcat, F. A. (2006), Three-class sampling plans: a review with applications, Frontiers in Statistical Quality Control, 8, 34-52.
- Schilling, E. G. (1982), Acceptance Sampling in Quality Control, Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Comparison of Rigorous Design Procedure with Approximate Design Procedure for Variable Sampling Plans Indexed by Quality Loss vol.15, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2016.15.3.231
- Designing Statistical Test for Mean of Random Profiles vol.15, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7232/iems.2016.15.4.432
- Designing of Variables Modified Chain Sampling Plan Based on the Process Capability Index with Unknown Mean and Variance vol.36, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/01966324.2017.1369913