- Volume 15 Issue 1
Every service firm must find ways to attract new customers, retain existing customers, and remain competitive and profitable. As competition increases, delivering better service becomes more important. Service quality is considered as a vital aspect for the success of the firms. Restaurant cannot be separated from the service quality they have to deliver. The development of restaurant is supported with the reputation of the country where the food comes from. Recently, one of the most trending topic is Korean wave which affects the Korean cuisine. A fuzzy AHP was employed to evaluate the service quality. It is more preferable than traditional AHP which is criticized for its inability to handle the uncertainty of the decision maker's perception. Six attributes are used to evaluate five Korean restaurants in Semarang, Indonesia. The result shows that innovation is the most important attribute. It seems that decision makers viewed the food variation and new method service as main factors that the restaurants have to manage. This finding can provide the managers with valuable insights into the attribute that reflects customers' perceptions; also to position their service based on their competitors. Validating the scale in other culture-based restaurants is an interesting area to be pursued.
Customer Satisfaction;Fuzzy AHP;Korean Restaurants;Service Quality
- Badri, M. A. (2001), A combined AHP-GP model for quality control systems, International Journal of Production Economics, 72, 27-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5273(00)00077-3
- Bilsel, R. U., Buyukozkan, G., and Ruan, D. (2006), Fuzzy preference-ranking model for a quality evaluation of hospital web sites, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, 21, 1181-1197. https://doi.org/10.1002/int.20177
- Buckley, J. J. (1985), Fuzzy hierarchical analysis, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 17, 233-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(85)90090-9
- Buyukozkan, G. and Cifci, G. (2012), A combined fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS based strategic analysis of electronic service quality in healthcare industry, Expert Systems with Applications, 39, 2341-2354. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.08.061
- Buyukozkan, G., Cifci, G., and Guleryuz, S. (2011), Strategic analysis of healthcare service quality using fuzzy AHP methodology, Expert Systems with Applications, 38, 9407-9424. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.01.103
- Calabrese, A., Costa, R., and Menichini, T. (2013), Using Fuzzy AHP to manage intellectual capital assets: an application to the ICT service industry, Expert Systems with Applications, 40, 3747-3755. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2012.12.081
- Chamodrakas, I., Batis, D., and Martakos, D. (2010), Supplier selection in electronic marketplaces using satisficing and fuzzy AHP, Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 490-498. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.05.043
- Chan, F. T. S. and Chan, H. K. (2004), Development of the supplier selection model-A case study in the advanced technology industry, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B-Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 218, 1807-1824. https://doi.org/10.1177/095440540421801213
- Chan, F. T. S. and Kumar, N. (2007), Global supplier development considering risk factors using fuzzy extended AHP-based approach, Omega, 35, 417-431. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2005.08.004
- Chang, D. Y. (1996), Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP, European Journal of Operational Research, 95, 649-655. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(95)00300-2
- Chen, H. H. (2004), A research based on fuzzy AHP for multi-criteria supplier selection in supply chain, Master's Thesis, Department of Industrial Management, National Taiwan University.
- Chin, J. B. and Tsai, C. H. (2013), Developing a service quality evaluation model for luxurious restaurants in international hotel chains, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 24, 1160-1173. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783363.2012.661132
- Chow, I. H., Lau, V. P., Lo, T. W., Sha, Z., and Yun, H. (2007), Service quality in restaurant operations in China: decision- and experiential-oriented perspectives, Hospitality Management, 26, 698-710. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2006.07.001
- Custora, R. and Buckley, J. J. (2001), Fuzzy hierarchical analysis: the lambda max method, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 120, 181-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(99)00155-4
- Dura'n, O. and Aguilo, J. (2008), Computer-aided machine-tool selection based on a fuzzy-AHP approach, Expert Systems with Applications, 34, 1787-1794. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.01.046
- Dymova, L., Sevastjanov, P., and Tikhonenko, A. (2013), An approach to generalization of fuzzy TOPSIS method, Information Sciences, 238, 149-162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2013.02.049
- Gilbert, G. R. and Veloutsou, C. (2006), A cross-industry comparison of customer satisfaction, Journal of Services Marketing, 20, 298-308. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040610679918
- Ho, W., He, T., Lee, C. K. M., and Emrouznejad, A. (2012), Strategic logistics outsourcing: An integrated QFD and fuzzy AHP approach, Expert Systems with Applications, 39, 10841-10850. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2012.03.009
- Hong, J., Park Y., and Shin, J. (2009), A study on the globalization, commercialization of Korean food for the 21st century, Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, 5, 109-125.
- Hou, J. and Su, D. (2007), EJB-MVC oriented supplier selection system for mass customization, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 18, 54-71. https://doi.org/10.1108/17410380710717643
- Hsu, C. Y., Chen, K. T., and Tzeng, G. H. (2007), FMCDM with fuzzy DEMATEL approach for customers' choice behavior model, International Journal of Fuzzy Systems, 9, 236-246.
- Huang, C. C., Chu, P. Y., and Chiang, H. Y. (2008), A fuzzy AHP application in government sponsored R&D project selection, Omega, 36, 1038-1052. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2006.05.003
- Hwang, C. and Yoon, K. (1981), Multiple Attribute Decision Making: Methods and Application, New York: Springer.
- Jang, S., Ha A., and Silkes, C. (2009), Perceived attributes of Asian foods: from the perspective of the American customers, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28, 63-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2008.03.007
- Kang, H. Y. and Lee, A. H. I. (2007), Priority mix planning for semiconductor fabrication by fuzzy AHP ranking, Expert Systems with Applications, 32, 560-570. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2006.01.035
- Kannan, D., de Sousa Jabbour, A. B. L., and Jabbour, C. J. C. (2014), Selecting green suppliers based on GSCM practices: Using fuzzy TOPSIS applied to a Brazilian electronics company, European Journal of Operational Research, 233, 432-447. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2013.07.023
- Kotler, P. (2003), Marketing Management, (11th ed.), Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Kwong, C. K. and Bai, H. (2003), Determining the importance weights for the customer requirements in QFD using a Fuzzy AHP with an extent analysis approach, IIE Transactions, 35, 619-626. https://doi.org/10.1080/07408170304355
- Ladhari, R., Brun, I., and Morales, M. (2008), Determinants of dining satisfaction and post-dining behavioral intentions, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27, 563-573. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2007.07.025
- Lee, S. H. (2010), Using Fuzzy AHP to develop intellectual capital evaluation model for assessing their performance contribution in a University, Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 4941-4947. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.12.020
- Lee, Y. and Kozar, K. A. (2006), Investigating the effect of website quality on e-business success: An analytic hierarchy process (AHP) approach, Decision Support Systems, 42, 1383-1401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2005.11.005
- Liu, F. H. F. and Hai, H. L. (2005), The voting analytic hierarchy process method for selecting supplier, International Journal of Production Economics, 97, 308-317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2004.09.005
- Liu, K. F. R. and Lai, J. H. (2009), Decision-support for environmental impact assessment: a hybrid approach using fuzzy logic and fuzzy analytic network process, Expert Systems with Applications, 36, 5119-5136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.06.045
- Luo, X. and Homburg, C. (2007), Neglected outcomes of customer satisfaction, Journal of Marketing, 71, 133-149. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.71.2.133
- Luoh, H. F. and Tsaur, S. H. (2007), Gender stereotypes and service quality in customer-waitperson encounters, Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, 18, 1035-1054. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360701594360
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., and Berry, L. L. (1985), A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research, Journal of Marketing, 49, 41-50.
- Roszkowska, E. and Wachowicz, T. (2015), Application of fuzzy TOPSIS to scoring the negotiation offers in ill-structured negotiation problems, European Journal of Operational Research, 242, 920-932. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2014.10.050
- Saaty, T. L. (1980), The Analytic Hierarchy Process:Planning, Priority Setting, McGraw-Hill International Book, Co., New York.
- Saaty, T. L. (1996), The Analytic Network Process: Decision Making with Dependence and Feedback, RWS Publications, Pittsburgh.
- Wang, Y. M. and Chin, K. S. (2006), An eigenvector method for generating normalized interval and fuzzy weights, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 181, 1257-1275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2006.02.026
- World Bank (2015), Employment in services (% of total employment), Retrieved September April 27, 2015, from http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.SRV.EMPL.ZS/.
- Zadeh, L. A. (1965), Fuzzy set, Information and Control, 8, 338-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-9958(65)90241-X
- Zhu, K. J., Jing, Y., and Chang, D. Y. (1999), A discussion on extent analysis method and applications of fuzzy AHP, European Journal of Operational Research, 116, 450-456. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(98)00331-2
- Zimmermann, H. J. (2001), Fuzzy Set Theory and Its Applications (4th ed.), Springer, Berlin.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of AHP for environmental performance assessment of Thailand and Taiwan’s food industry vol.190, pp.12, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-018-7113-5
- The Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process for Prioritizing the Sustainable Tourism Attitude Scale vol.219, pp.1755-1315, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/219/1/012012