- Volume 4 Issue 1
Purpose. The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between nursing professionalism, self-leadership, and empowerment in nursing students. Methods. The participants were 226 nursing students. Data collected from November to December 2015 were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficients. Results. The mean scores for nursing professionalism (
- Choi J, Ha NS. The relationship among of nurses, self esteem and professional socialization in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2009;15(1):54-63.
- Moon YS, Han SJ. Impact of self-efficacy and nursing professionalism on organizational commitment in nurses. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2011;17(1):72-79. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.072
- Hallin K, Danielson, E. Registered nurses' perceptions of their work and professional development. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 2008;16(1):2-70.
- Hwang JI, Lou SS, Han SS, et al. Professionalism: the major factor influencing job satisfaction among korean and chinese nurses. International Nursing Review, 2009;56(3):313-318. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00710.x
- Cook TH, Gilmer MJ, BEss CJ. Beginning students' definitions of nursing: An inductive framework of professional identity. Journal of Nursing Education, 2003;42(7):311-317.
- Park HJ. Correlations among nursing professionalism, critical thinking disposition and self-leadership in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2015;21(2): 227-236. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.227
- Choi YH, Jung CS. Relationship between self-leadership, self-efficacy and impowerment in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 2015;16(7):4604-4613. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4604
- Kanter RM. Men and women of the corporation. New York: Basic Books, 1977.
- Conger J, Kanungo R. The empowerment process: Integrating theory and practice. Academy of Management Review, 13.471-482.
- Yoo SO, Lee SY, Han SO, et al. Empowerment, performance and job satisfaction perceived by hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2006;12(3):406-414.
- Shin YK. Management respecting man's dignity: approach of organizational behaior. Seoul :Dasan Publishng, 1997.
- Park HH, Park KS, Yom YH, et al. Impact of clinical nurses' power and empowerment on job satisfaction and organizational commitment. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2006;36(2):244-254. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.2.244
- Joo MK, Shin GY. Nursing image and professionalism perceived by male and female nursing students.The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2012;18(3):510-521. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.510
- Seong JA, Yeom EY, Do YD. Image of nurses and nursing professional values perceived by nursing students. The Korea Contents Association, 2014;14(11):798-809. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.11.798
- Cho HH, Kim NH. Relationships among nursing professionalism, nurse image, and core elements of nursing professionalism that nursing students perceive. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 2014; 20(4):548-557. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.548
- Lim SY, Kim SY, Choi HM. The relationships of major satisfaction, self esteem and nursing professionalism of the nursing college students. The Journal of the Convergence of Culture Technology, 2015;1(2):2348-0366.
- Yang NY, Moon SY. Relationship of self-leadership, stress and satisfaction in clinical practice of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2011;17(2):216-225. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216
- Park JS, Park BN. The influence of empowerment on job satisfaction, task performance and turnover intention by hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2008;14(2):150-158.
- Jun SY, Rho HJ, Lee JH. The impact of organizational justice, empowerment on the nursing task performance of nurses: Focused on the mediating effect of job satisfaction and organizational commitment. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 2014;23(2):55-66. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.2.55
- Choi SH, Jan IS, Park SM, et al. Effects of organizational culture, self leadership and empowerment on job satisfaction and turnover intention in general hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration,2014;20(2):206-214. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.2.206
- Kim YM, Lee YJ. Influence of job stress and empowerment on clinical nurses' performance in small and medium hospitals. Korean Academic Society of Occupational Health Nursing, 2012;21(3):258-265. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.258
- Song MS. The relationships between the empowerment, nursing performance, job satisfaction and turnover intension of long-term are hospital nurses. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 2013;14(5):2304-2314. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2304
- Oh EH, Chung BY. The effects of empowerment on nursing performance, job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention in hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 2011;17(4):391-401. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.391
- Yeun EJ, Kwon YM, Ahn OH. Deelopment of a nursing professional values scale. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(6), 1091-1100.
- Kim MH. A study on the factors affecting the view of nursing as professionalism. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, 2008.
- Manz CC. The art of self leadership: strategies for personal effectiveness in your life and work perntice-Hall, Englewood Cloffs, N, J, 1983.
- Kim HS. Middle school teacher job satisfaction and the relationship between self-leadership. Unpublished master's thesis, Soonsil University, 2002.
- Thomas KW, Velthouse BA. Cognitive elements of empowerment: An interpretive model of intrinsic taskmotivation. Academy of Management Review, 1990;15:666-681.
- Spreitzer GM. Psychological empowerment at the workplace: Dimensions, measurement, and validation. Academy of Management Review, 1995;39:483-504.
- Choe MH, Kim JH, Nam ES, et al. Factors affecting job-seeking stress in nursing students. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 2015;24(2):122-131. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2015.24.2.122