- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Separation of passive sonar target signals using frequency domain independent component analysis
주파수영역 독립성분분석을 이용한 수동소나 표적신호 분리
Lee, Hojae;Seo, Iksu;Bae, Keunsung
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.12.25
- Published : 2016.03.31
Passive sonar systems detect and classify the target by analyzing the radiated noises from vessels. If multiple noise sources exist within the sonar detection range, it gets difficult to classify each noise source because mixture of noise sources are observed. To overcome this problem, a beamforming technique is used to separate noise sources spatially though it has various limitations. In this paper, we propose a new method that uses a FDICA (Frequency Domain Independent Component Analysis) to separate noise sources from the mixture. For experiments, each noise source signal was synthesized by considering the features such as machinery tonal components and propeller tonal components. And the results of before and after separation were compared by using LOFAR (Low Frequency Analysis and Recording), DEMON (Detection Envelope Modulation On Noise) analysis.
Passive sonar;Separation of target signals;Independent component anlaysis;Independent vector analysis
- R. J. Urick, Principles of Underwater Sound (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1993), pp. 328-343.
- J. H. Lee, Enhancement of frequency line of vernier signals using the autocorrelation-based post-processing and acoustic feature extraction (in Korean), (Master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2010).
- H. J. Cho, J. S. Lim, M. J. Cheong, I. K. Seo, H. S. Ko, and W. Y. Hong, "A study on the DEMON performance comparison of several demodulation processing" (in Korean), J. Acoust. Soc. Kr. Suppl. 1(s) 34, 55-58 (2015).
- A. Hyvarinen, J. Karhunen, and E. Oja, Independent Component Analysis (New York, USA, John Wiley & Sons, 2001), pp. 165-227.
- I. T. Lee, T. S. Kim, and T. W. Lee, "Independent vector analysis for convolutive blind speech separation," in Blind Speech Separation, edited by S. Makino, H. Sawada and T. W. Lee (Springer, Netherlands, 2007).
- T. S. Kim, H. T. Attias, S. Y. Lee, and T. W. Lee, "Blind source separation exploiting higher-order frequency dependencies," IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech, and Lang. Process. 15, 70-79 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASL.2006.872618
- X. Quan, Improvement of convergence speed sing weighted Inner product constraints in FDICA for separation of speech mixtures (in Korean), (Ph.D. thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2015).
- N. N. de Moura and J. M. Seixas, "Independent component analysis for optimal passive sonar signal detection," in Proc. IEEE ISDA 7th, 671-678 (2007).
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 경북대학교