- Volume 35 Issue 2
Many researches for improving detection performance in the reverberation environment have been conducted in active sonar systems. Especially the type of active pulse makes an impact on the detection performance in the reverberation environment. Thus, this paper describes the detection performance of PTFM (Pulse Trains of Frequency Modulated waveform), Costas, and Geometric Comb pulses which are known for their outstanding performance against the reverberation. Sea trial data of those pulses was analyzed and it was figured out that the range resolution of PTFM pulse was deteriorated by its sub-pulses. Costas pulse showed performance degradations of the doppler resolution by multipath signals. Geometric Comb pulse showed the best doppler resolution.
Active sonar;PTFM;Costas;Geometric comb;Range resolution;Doppler resolution
- A. D. Waite, Sonar for Practising Engineers Third Edition, (John Willey & Sons, Ltd, United Kingdom, 2002), pp. 165-168.
- R. N. Carpenter and S. Kay, "GLRT detection of signals in reverberation," ICASSP-95. 5, 3127-3130 (1995).
- S. Kay and J. Salisbury, "Improved active sonar detection using autoregressive prewhiteners," J.Acoust. Soc. Am. 87 , 1603-1611 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.399408
- R. Been, S. P. Beerens, S. P. van IJsselmuide, and B. Prunel, "Sonar waveforms for reverberation rejection, Part II: Experimental results," Proceedings of UDT Pacific, 2000.
- Y. Doisy, L. Deruaz, S. P. van IJsselmuide, S. P. Beerens, and R. Been, "Reverberation suppression using wideband Doppler-sensitive pulses," IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 33, 419-433 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2008.2002582
- S. P. Pecknold, "Ambiguity and cross- ambiguity properties of some reverberation suppressing waveforms," DRDC, 2002.
- Y. Doisy, L. Deruz, B. Prunel, R. Been, S. P. Beerens, and S. P. van IJsselmuide, "Sonar waveforms for reverberation rejection, Part III : More experimental results," Proceedings of UDT Europe, 2000.
- T. Tsao, M. Slamani, P. Varshney, D. Weiner, H. Schwarzlander, and S. Borek, "Ambiguity function for a bistatic radar," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst. 33, 1041-1051 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1109/7.599331
- H. Cox and H. Lai, "Geometric comb waveforms for reverberation suppression," ACSSC 28th Conference, 2, 1185-1189 (1994).
- Nadjah, "Phase coded costas signals for ambiguity function improvement and grating lobes suppression," VTC 78th Conference, 1-5 (2013).
Grant : 핵심기술
Supported by : 국방과학연구소