- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Stage-based Training and Core Exercises on Cobb's Angle and Trunk Length in Scoliosis Patients: A Case Study
코어 운동을 포함한 변화단계별 훈련이 척추측만증 환자의 Cobb각과 몸통 길이에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.02.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.15
- Published : 2016.02.29
PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of stage-based training, including core exercises, on scoliosis patients. METHODS: Two patients with scoliosis participated in the study. Both patients participated for eight months and were trained for an hour three times a week. The training program consisted of stretching and strengthening, as well as core exercises, and was divided into five stages. The Cobb angles and trunk lengths of the subjects were measured after one month, two months, and four months of training. Measurements were also taken after the subjects completed training. All of the measurements were taken using Formetric 4D. RESULTS: The Cobb's angle of subject A, which was
Scoliosis;Stage based training;Core exercise
- Asher MA, Burton DC. Die Biomechanic Des Rumpfes. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: natural history and long term treatment effects. Scoliosis. 2006;1:2. https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-7161-1-2
- Choi SH, Lim JH, Cho HY et al. The Effects of Trunk Stabilization Exercise Using Swiss Ball and Core Stabilization Exercise on Balance and Gait in Elderly Women. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2012;7(1):49-58. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2012.7.1.049
- Delavier F, Gundill M. La methode Delavier de musculation (2nd ed). France, VIGOT, 2011.
- Drerup B, Hierholzer E. Back shape measurement using video rastersterography and three-dimensional reconstruction of spinal shape. Clinical Biomechanics. 1994;9(1):28-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/0268-0033(94)90055-8
- Drerup B, Ellger B, Bentrup FM, et al. Functional rasterstereographic images. A new method for biomechanical analysis of skeletal geometry. Orthopade. 2001;30(4):242-50. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001320050603
- Falk B, Rigby WA, Akseer N. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis:the possible harm of bracing and the likely benefit of exercise. Spine J. 2015;15(1):209-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2014.08.009
- Jung YD, Lee HO, Song MY. The Effect of Home Exercise Program on Pelvic Alignment and Lumbar Scoliosis of Chronic Low Back Pain. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2009;4:133-40.
- Kim EJ. A comparison of technique based on Scoliosis. Master's Degree. Ewha Womens University, 1993.
- Kim MS. A study on the standardization of core strengthening program for persons with stroke. Master's Degree. Yongin University, 2010.
- Kim SJ, Ha SM, Park GN, et al. Effects of Three Lumbar Stabilization Exercises on the Thickness of Deep and Superficial Fibers of the Lumbar Multifidus. Phys Ther Kor. 2012;19(2):20-8.
- Knott P, Mardjetko S, Rollet M, et al. Evaluation of the reproducibility of the formetric 4D measurements for scoliosis. Scoliosis. 2010;5(1):O10. https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-7161-5-S1-O10
- Lam TP, Hung VW, Yeung HY, et al. Abnormal bone quality in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a case-control study on 635 subjects and 269 normal controls with bone densitometry and quantitative ultrasound.Spine. 2011;36(15):1211-7. https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181ebab39
- Lederman E. The myth of core stability. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2010;14(1):84-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbmt.2009.08.001
- Lee JH, Kim SY. Comparative Effectiveness of Schroth Therapeutic Exercise Versus Sling Therapeutic Exercise in Flexibility, Balance, Spine Angle and Chest Expansion in Patient with Scoliosis. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2014;9(1):11-23. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2014.9.1.11
- Lee WJ, Lim CH. Effect of Unstale Surface Lumbar Stabilization Exercise on Trunk Posture and Balance Ability in Patients With Scoliosis. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2012;7:59-67. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2012.7.1.059
- Lim JS, Song JM, Kim JS. The Effect of Core Stabilization Exercise on Foot Pressure in Hemiplegic Patients. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2011;6 (2):109-18.
- Mannion AF Meier, M, Grob D, et al. Paraspinal muscle fibre type alterations associated with scoliosis: an old problem revisited with new evidence. Eur Spine J. 1998;7(4):289-93. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005860050077
- Maruyama T, Grivas TB, Kaspiris A. Effectiveness and outcomes of brace treatment: a systematic review. Physiother Theory Pract. 2011;27(1):26-42. https://doi.org/10.3109/09593985.2010.503989
- Meier MP, Klein MP, Krebs D, et al. Fiber transformations in multifidus muscle of young patients with idiopathic scoliosis. Spine. 1997;22(20):2357-64. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199710150-00008
- Park SK. The Effects of Spine-strengthening exercises on teenager's fitness and improvement of standing posture asymmetry. Master's Degree. Sungshin Women's University. 2012.
- Park WS. The effect of stretching, muscle strength exercise program on idiopathic scoliosis of the youth. Master's Degree. Nambu University. 2007.
- Park YS. The Effect of Core Exercise Program for Male College Students with Functional Scoliosis. Doctor's Degree. Kyungsang University. 2015.
- Seifert J, Selle A, Flieger C, Gunther KP. Compliance as a prognostic factor in the treatment of idiopathic scoliosis. Orthopade. 2009;38(2):151-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00132-008-1367-5
- Seo HJ, Kim JH, Shin HH, et al. Comparative Analysis of Muscles Activation relate to Core Stability during 5 Therapeutic Exercise in Children with Spastic Diplegia. J Korean Soc Phys Med. 2013;8(4):583-92. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2013.8.4.583