- Volume 20 Issue 5
Post-tensioned (PT) steel moment resisting frames (MRFs) with semi-rigid connections (SRC) can be used to control the hysteretic energy demands and to reduce the maximum inter-story drift (
steel frames;self-centering;semi-rigid connections;hysteretic energy;inter-story drift;time history analysis
- Akbas, B., Shen, J. and Hao, H. (2001), "Energy approach in performance-based design of steel moment resisting frames for basic safety objective", Struct. Des. Tall Build., 10(3), 193-217. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.172
- Akiyama, H. (1985), Earthquake-Resistant Limit-State Design for Buildings, University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, Japan.
- Arias, A. (1970), "A measure of earthquake intensity", Seismic Design for Nuclear Power Plants; (R.J. Hansen Eds.), MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, USA, pp. 438-483.
- Bojorquez, E. and Rivera, J.L. (2008), "Effects of degrading models for ductility and dissipated hysteretic energy in uniform annual failure rate spectra", Proceedings of the 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing, China, October.
- Bojorquez, E. and Ruiz, S.E. (2004), "Strength reduction factors for the valley of Mexico taking into account low cycle fatigue effects", Proceedings of the 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vancouver, Canada, Paper 516. (CD-ROM)
- Bojorquez, E., Ruiz, S.E. and Teran-Gilmore, A. (2008), "Reliability-based evaluation of steel structures using energy concepts", Eng. Struct.. 30(6), 1745-1759. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.11.014
- Bojorquez, E., Reyes-Salazar, A., Teran-Gilmore, A. and Ruiz, S.E. (2010), "Energy-based damage index for steel structures", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 10(4), 343-360.
- Carr, A. (2011), "RUAUMOKO", Inelastic Dynamic Analysis Program; University of Cantenbury, Department of Civil Engineering, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Choi, H. and Kim, J. (2006), "Energy-based seismic design of buckling-restrained braced frames using hysteretic energy spectrum", Eng. Struct., 28(2), 304-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.08.008
- Choi, H. and Kim, J. (2009), "Evaluation of seismic energy demand and its application on design of buckling-restrained braced frames", Struct. Eng. Mech., Int. J., 31(1), 93-112. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.31.1.093
- Choi, B.J. and Shen, J.H. (2001), "The establishing of performance level thresholds for steel momentresisting frame using an energy approach", Struct. Des. Tall Build., 10(1), 53-67. https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.161
- Christopoulos, C. and Filiatrault, A. (2002), "Seismic response of posttensioned energy dissipating moment resisting steel frames", Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, London, UK, September.
- Christopoulos, C., Filiatrault, A. and Uang, C.M. (2002), "Self-centering post-tensioned energy dissipating (PTED) steel frames for seismic regions", Report No. SSRP-2002/06; Division of Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Christopoulos, C., Filiatrault, A. and Uang, C.M. (2003), "Seismic demands on post-tensioned energy dissipating moment-resisting steel frames", Proceedings of 4th International Conference on the Behavior of Steel Structures in Seismic Areas (STESSA), Naples, Italy, June.
- Chung, C.C., Tsai, K.C. and Yang, W.C. (2009), "Self-centering steel connection with steel bars and a discontinuous composite slab", Earthquake Engng Struc. Dyn., 38(4), 403-422. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.856
- Cosenza, E. and Manfredi, G. (1996), "Seismic design based on low cycle fatigue criteria", Proceedings of XI World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Paper 1141, Acapulco, Mexico, June. (CD)
- El-Salti, M.Kh. (1992), "Design of frames with partially restrained connections", Ph.D. Dissertation; The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA.
- Garlock, M., Ricles, J. and Sause, R. (2005), "Experimental studies on full-scale post tensioned steel connections", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 131(3), 438-448. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2005)131:3(438)
- Garlock, M., Sause, R. and Ricles, J. (2007), "Behavior and design of posttensioned stell frames system", J. Struct. Eng., ASCE, 133(3), 389-399. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2007)133:3(389)
- Garlock, M., Sause, R. and Ricles, J. (2008), "Influence of design parameter on seismic response of posttensioned steel MRF systems", Eng. Struct., 30(4), 1037-1047. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.05.026
- Hancock, J. and Bommer, J.J. (2006), "A state-of-knowledge review of the influence of strong-motion durationon structural damage", Earthq. Spectra, 22(3), 827-845. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.2220576
- Hu, X. and Zhang, Y. (2013), "Ductility demand of partially self-centering structures under seismic loading: SDOF systems", Earthq. Struct., 4(4), 365-381. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2013.4.4.365
- Kim, H.J. and Christopoulos, C. (2009), "Seismic design procedure and seismic response of post-tensioned self-centering steel frames", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 38(3), 355-376. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.859
- Kim, H.J., Ghaboussi, J. and Elnashai, A.S., (2010), "Mechanical and informational modeling of steel beamto-column connections", Eng. Struct., 32(2), 449-458. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.10.007
- Lopez-Barraza, A., Bojorquez, E., Ruiz, S.E. and Reyes-Salazar, A. (2013), "Reduction of maximum and residual drifts on post-tensioned steel frames with semi-rigid connections", Adv. Mater. Sci. Eng., 2013, ID 192484. DOI:10.1155/2013/192484 https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/192484
- Pirmoz, A. and Danesh, F. (2009), "The seat angle role on moment-rotation response of bolted angle connection", Electron. Struct. Eng., 9, 73-79.
- MCBC (2004), Reglamento de Construcciones del Distrito Federal. [In Spanish]
- Richard, R.M. (1993), PRCONN manual; RMR Design Group, Tucson, AZ, USA.
- Richard, R.M. and Abbott, B.J. (1975), "Versatile elastic-plastic stress-strain formula", J. Eng. Mech. Div., 101(4), 511-515.
- Ricles, J.M., Sause, R., Garlock, M.M. and Zhao, C. (2001), "Posttensioned seismic-resistant connections for steel frames", ASCE J. Struct. Eng., 127(2), 113-121. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2001)127:2(113)
- Ricles, J.M., Sause, R., Peng, S.W. and Lu, L.W. (2002), "Experimental evaluation of earthquake resistant posttensioned steel connections", ASCE J. Struct. Eng., 128(7), 850-859. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2002)128:7(850)
- Ricles, J.M., Sause, R., Lin, Y.C. and Seo, C.Y. (2010), "Self-centering moment connections for damagefree seismic response of steel MRFs", 2010 Structures Congress ASCE, Orlando, FL, USA, May, pp. 955-966.
- Shen, J., and Astaneh-Asl, A. (1999), "Hysteretic behavior of bolted angle connections", J. Construct. Steel Res., 51(3), 201-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(99)00030-9
- Teran-Gilmore, A. (1996), "Performance-based earthquake-resistant design of framed buildings using energy concepts", Ph. D. Dissertation; University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Teran-Gilmore, A. (2001), "Consideraciones del uso de la energia plastica en el diseno sismico", Revista de ingenieria Sismica, SMIS, 65, 81-110.
- Teran-Gilmore, A. and Jirsa, J.O. (2005), "A damage model for practical seismic design that accounts for low cycle fatigue", Earthq. Spectra, 21(3), 803-832. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1979500
- Teran-Gilmore, A. and Jirsa, J.O. (2007), "Energy demands for seismic design against low-cycle fatigue", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 36(3), 383-404. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.663
- Tong, G., Lianglong, S. and Guodong, Z. (2011), "Numerical simulation of the seismic behavior of selfcentering steel beam-column connections with bottom flange friction devices", Earthq. Eng. Eng. Vib., 10(2), 229-238. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11803-011-0061-5
- Trifunac, M.D. and Brady, A.G. (1975), "A study of the duration of strong earthquake ground motion", Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 65(3), 581-626.
- Uang, C.M. and Bertero, V.V. (1990), "Evaluation of seismic energy in structures", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 19(1), 77-89. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290190108
- Wolski, M., Ricles, J.M. and Sause, R. (2009), "Experimental study of self-centering beam-column connection with bottom flange friction device", ASCE J. Struct. Eng., 135(5), 479-488. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000006
- Zhou, Z., He, X.T., Wu, J., Wang, C.L. and Meng, S.P. (2014), "Development of a novel self-centering buckling-restrained brace with BFRP composite tendons", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 16(5), 491-506. DOI: 10.12989/scs.2014.16.5.491 https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2014.16.5.491
- Seismic response of 3D steel buildings with hybrid connections: PRC and FRC vol.22, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.5.1155
- Cyclic behavior of hexagonal castellated beams in steel moment-resisting frames with post-tensioned connections vol.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.5.1155
- Test and analysis on a novel self-restoring uplift column 2018, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.5.1155
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Secretaria de Educacion Publica