- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dynamic analysis and improvement of the sinking performance of the Vietnamese tuna purse seine using numerical methods
HUNG, Dinh Xuan;LEE, Chun Woo;PARK, Subong
- Received : 2016.01.11
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.28
In this study, numerical method was used to assess technical properties and improve the Vietnamese tuna purse seine. The data were extracted from the two national level projects. The study results showed that average lead-line sinking speed reached 0.139 m/s and 0.143 m/s and maximum sinking depth was 61.6 m and 65.8 m for The gears 2003 and 2014 respectively. The maximum tension on ring line of The gear 2003 was 4,742 kgf and 2014 was 4,219 kgf. The improved tuna purse seines I, III and IV showed similar sinking speed results with 0.220 m/s, 0.219 m/s and 0.219 m/s respectively. The average lead-line sinking speed of the improved gear II was lowest with 0.215 m/s. The maximum lead-line sinking depth of the four improved gears I, II, III and IV were 116 m, 112 m, 115 m and 114.9 m respectively. Maximum tension on ring line of the improved gears I, II, III and IV were 5,657 kgf, 5,406 kgf, 5,645 kgf and 5,654 kgf respectively. The improved tuna purse seine IV is the most suitable for Vietnamese tuna purse seine fishery, Which corresponds with tuna purse seiner scale and its fishing supporting equipment at the present.
Vietnamese tuna purse seine;Sinking depth;Sinking speed;Tensional force;Improved tuna purse seine
- Aris Widagdo, 2014. Improving the Sinking Performance of the Indonesian Small Purse Seine Gears. Ph.D. thesis, Pukyong National University, Korea, 118.
- FAO, fisheries industries division, 1990. Fisherman's workbook. Via delle Terme di Caracalla, 00100 Rome, Italy, 70-72.
- Hosseini SA, Lee CW, Kim HS, Lee JH and Lee GH. 2011. The sinking performance of the tuna purse seine gear with large meshed panels using numerical method. Fish Sci 77, 503-520. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12562-011-0371-6) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-011-0371-6
- Kim HY, Lee CW, Shin GK, Kim HS, Cha BJ and Lee GH. 2007. Dynamic simulation of the behavior of purse seine gear and sea-trial verification. Fish Res 88 (1-3), 109-119. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.08.007) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2007.08.007
- Lee CW, Lee JH, Cha BJ, Kim HY and Lee JH. 2005. Physica l modeling for underwater flexible systems dynamic simul ation. Ocean Eng 32, 331-347. (DOI:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.08.007) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.08.007
- Long Nguyen, 2002. Research, explore resource and choose corresponding fishing technologies to offshore fishery development of Vietnam (In Vietnamese). Scientific research project, Research Institute for Marine Fisheries of Vietnam.
- Long Nguyen, 2003. Research on applying of tuna fishing by purse seine (In Vietnamese). Result report of the research project, Research Institute for Marine Fisheries of Vietnam.
- South Pacific Commission, 1989. Technical aspects of tuna purse seine operations. Tween first Regional Technical Meeting on Fisheries, Noumea, New Caledonia, 7th-11th.
Supported by : Pukyong National University