- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Species composition and distribution property of dredge fishery in Yeongil Bay, Korea
영일만 형망어업 어획물의 종조성 및 분포 특성
- HONG, Sung-Eic ;
- BAE, Jae-Hyun ;
- PARK, Chang-Du ;
- PARK, Jong-Myung ;
- YOON, Byung-Sun ;
- AN, Heui-Chun
- Received : 2016.02.05
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.02.28
The species composition and distribution of catches by dredge gear in the Yeongil Bay, Korea were investigated on a seasonal basis from February to November, 2015. Total catches consisted of 44 species and 35 families. They were 13 species of fish, 10 species of crustacea, 5 species of echinodermata, 5 species of gastropoda, 4 species of cephalopoda and 3 species of bivalvia. Major catch species was shellfish and had seasonal variations in catch. In spring and winter, the catch of ark shell (Scapharca broughtonii) was increased. Adversely, the catch of admas venus clam (Callithaca adamsi) increased in sunmmer and autumn. Species diversity indices was high as the value of 1.99 in spring, and low to the value of 0.34 in summer. In addition, multi dimentional scaling (MDS) indices also was high in spring as the value of 1.99. In summer, the index was low as the value of 0.34. Similarity analysis based on species data was transformed by fourth root. With the result of cluster analysis and MDS analysis, species was divided into two groups. The first group as Group A consists of winter and spring species and another was Group B made of species in summer and winter.
Dredge;Species composition;Distribution;Yeongil Bay
- An HC, Bae JH, Park JM, Park CD and Hong SE. 2014. Species composition and cluster analysis of the communities caught by dredge in relation to tooth spacing and mesh size in the coastal waters of Gangneung, Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 50(4), 530-541. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530
- An HC, Park HH, Park JM, Hong SE, Yoon BS, Park CD and Bae JH. 2015. Catch and Bycatch of Dredge in the Yeongil Bay, Pohang. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 51(4), 493-503. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.493) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.493
- Bray JR and Curtis JT. 1957. An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecological Monographs 27, 325-349. https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Cha BY, Lee CS, Moon TS and Park MS. 2012. A Study on bivalves in Yeongil Bay of Gyeongsangbuk-Do Province, Korea. Korean J Malacol 28, 101-108. https://doi.org/10.9710/kjm.2012.28.2.101
- Cho BK. 1997. On the toorh selectivity of ark shell dredge. Bull Korean Soc. Fish Tech. 33, 1-8.
- Choi Y, Kim JH and Park JY. 2002. Marine fishes of Korea. Kyo-Hak, Seoul, Korea, 646.
- Chung EY, Shin YK and Lee JH. 1994. Effects of suspended sediment of metabolism of Scapharca broughtonii. Korea Journal of Malacology 10(1), 55-63.
- Gong Y and Park CK. 1982. On the oceanographical character of the low temperature region in the Eastern Sea of Korea. Bull Fish Res Dev Agency 24, 52-61.
- Gong Y and Son SJ. 1982. A study of oceanic thermal fronts in the Southern Japan Sea. Bull Fish Res Dev Agency 28, 25-54.
- Han KH, Choi SH, Kim BK, Park JH and Jeong DS. 1997. Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by set net in Youngil Bay, Eastern coast of Korea. Rep Nat Fish Res&Dep Inst 53, 13-54.
- Han KH, Hong JS, Kim YS, Jeon KA, Kim YS, Hong BK and Hwang DS. 2003. Species composition and seasonal variations of ichthyoplankton in coastal waters of Yeongil Bay, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 15(2), 87-94.
- Hong BK, Kim JK, Park KD, Jeon KA, Chun YY, Hwang KS, Kim YS and Park KY. 2008. Species composition of fish collected in gill nets from Youngil Bay, East of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 41(5), 353-362.
- Hong SY, Park KY, Park CW, Han CH, Suh HL, Yun SG, Song CB, Jo SG, Lim HS, Kang YS, Kim DJ, Ma CW, Son MH, Cha HK, Kim KB, Choi SD, Park KY, Oh CW, Kim DN, Shon HS, Kim JN, Choi JH, Kim MH and Choi IY. 2006. Marine invertebrates in Korean coasts. Academy books co. Seoul. Korea. 479.
- Jung YH, Yoon KT, Park HS and Ma CW. 2013. Spatial distribution and community structure of macrobenthos on the sandy shore of Anmyeondo, Korea. Ocean and Polar Research 35, 27-37. (DOI:10.4217/OPR.2013.35.1.027) https://doi.org/10.4217/OPR.2013.35.1.027
- Kim KT. 1983. Contribution a l'etude de la production pelagique primaire et de la pollution dan le Gulf de Yeong-il. Rep Korean Trades Scholarship Foundation. 1-60.
- Kim MH and Son MH. 2006. Hermit crabs in Korean waters. Academy publishing company. Inc., Seoul, Korea, 1-89.
- Ko JC, Ko HJ, Kim BY, Cha HK and Chang DS. 2012. Distribution characteristic of exploitable macrobenthic invertebrates of beach sediments in the Southern coastal water of Jeju Island. Korean J Malacol 28, 197-213. (DOI:10.9710/KJM.2012.28.3.197) https://doi.org/10.9710/kjm.2012.28.3.197
- Lee JB, Shin YJ, Lee SJ, Lee JH, Choi YM, Lee DW, Kim SW and Yang JH. 2012. Seasonal Variations of Fisheries Resources Composition in the Coastal Ecosystem of the Yongil Bay, Korea. Journal of the Environmental Sciences 21(10), 1275-1285. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.10.1275
- Lee TW. 1999. Seasonal Variation in species composition of demersal fish in Yongil Bay, East Coast of Korea. J Korean fish Soc 32, 512-519.
- Lim HS, Hong JS and Je JG. 1995. Abundance and distribution pattern of the Smelid Bivalve, Theora fragilis A. Adams in Chinhae Bay, Korea. Korean J Malacol 11(1), 21-34.
- Lim HS and Park KY. 1998. Population ecology of the mud mussel Musculista senhousia (Bivalvia: Mytilidae) on the mud tidal flat in Mokpo coastal area, southwest coast of Korea 1. Distrivution and growth. Korean J Malacol 14(2), 121-130.
- Margalef R. 1963. On certain unifying principles in ecology. Amer Nature 97, 357-374. https://doi.org/10.1086/282286
- Min DK, Lee JS, Koj DB and JE JG. 2004. Mollusks in Korea (revised supplementary edition). Hanguel graphics, Busan, Korea, 566.
- Nashimoto K. 1984. The selectivity of the Sunray Surf Clam Dredge. Bull Japanese Soc Sci Fish 50(7), 1145-1155 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.50.1145
- Nashimoto K. 1985. The selectivity of the Japanese Surf Clam Dredge. Bull Japanese Soc Sci Fish 51(3), 419-423 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.51.419
- Nashimoto K, Miyazawa H and Hiraishi T. 1983. The Tooth Selectivity of Japanese Surf Clam Dredge. Bull. Japanese Soc Sci Fish 49(3), 379-385 (in Japanese). https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.49.379
- NFRDI. 2002. A Study of Fisheries Resources by bivalves in the Coastal waters of Jeju Island. 1-18.
- NFRDI. 2008. Fishing gear of korea. Hanguel graphics, Busan, Korea, 270-298.
- NFRDI. 2010. Habitats characteristics and biological research on fisheries resources enhancement in coastal area of Korea. 222.
- Pielou EC. 1966. The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collection. J Theoret Biol 13, 131-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0
- Pielou EC. 1977. Mathematical ecology, 2nd. John Wiley and Sons. Inc, New York, USA, 358.
- Shin HC and Shin SH. 1999. Population biology of short-necked clam (Ruditapes philippinarum: Bivalvia) in Kwangyang bay, the southern coast of Korea. II. Population dynamic and secondary production. Korean J Malacol 19(1), 31-39.
- Son MH, Seo IS, Kim MH and Kim DI. 2008. Korean seastars (Asteroidea and Ophiuroidea). Bokukbook, Busan, Korea, 105.
- The historical process of dredge fishery according to the construction of the Saemangeum Dike in Jeollabuk-do, Korea vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.327
Supported by : 국립수산과학원