- Volume 38 Issue 1
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to suggest direction for dental technicians and management of dental laboratories to contribute to the improvement of oral health of citizens with high-quality dental prosthesis by researching operational status and management satisfaction of dental laboratories. Methods: In order to investigate operational status and management satisfaction of dental laboratories, this study conducted a questionnaire survey by mailing questionnaires to heads of dental laboratories designated as clinical training workshops of Department of Dental Technology of G University and a total of 158 questionnaires were used for analysis. Results: As for gender, males were 142 persons (89.9%) and females were 16 persons (10.1%). For location of the laboratories, number of laboratories in metropolitan cities was 94 (59.5%) while small and that in mid-sized cities was 64 (40.5%). As for the satisfaction with job, those who have managed dental laboratories for 23-30 years (
dental laboratories;dental technician;management satisfaction;operational status
- Choi HJ. A Study on the Relationship of Job Satisfaction and Social Support of Dental Technicians. Graduate School of Public Administration & Law Dan Kook University, 2001.
- Dental Focus. Talk like a Dream in the Korean Women Dental Technician. Dental technology part. 2008.
- Kim JS. A study on Analyzing main cause of Dental Technician's Morale and Management of Promote Their Morale. The journal of Korean academy of Dental technology, 26(1), 129-138, 2004.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. Health workforce supply and demand Projections in 2030. 2015.
- Kwon SS, Paek SH. A study of the Psychosomatic Self-reported Symptom factors affecting Health- related Quality of Life among the Dental Technicians. The journal of Korean academy of Dental technology, 33(1), 79-91, 2011.
- Kwon SS, Kim YS. A study of the Relevant Factors Affecting the Satisfaction of Leisure Activities among the Dental Technicians. The journal of Korean academy of Dental technology, 30(1), 105-119, 2008.
- Lee BK. Operating Status in Korean Dental Laboratories. The journal of Korean academy of Dental technology, 10(1), 21-37, 1988.
- Min BK, Lee DH. A Study of Satisfaction Level of Dental Laboratory Heads about Dental Technicians Who Graduated from Junior Colleges in Gyeonggi Province, Bulletin of Dongnam Health College, 21(1), 47-55, 2003.
- Na JS, You NK. A study on Relations between Dental Technicians Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction. The journal of Korean academy of Dental technology, 29(1), 181-196, 2007.
- Shin JW et al. Introduction to Dental Technology. Cham-yun Publishing, 35, 2013.
- Slavitt DB, Stamps PL, Piedmont EB, Haase AM. Nurses Satisfaction with Their Work Satisfaction. Nursing Research, 27(2), 114-120, 1978.
- Sung YH, Kim YM. Study on the Job Satisfaction of Life Coaching. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 14(1), 862-882, 2000.
- Yi JH. Job Satisfaction of Dental Technician who work in the area of Seoul. Graduate School of Occupational Health, Cathoic University, 2005.