- Volume 38 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Eating habits Attributes and oral health behaviors Relating to the Maxillary Anterior Teeth Color
식이습관 및 구강보건 행태와 상악 전치부 색조 관련 특성 비교
- Received : 2016.02.12
- Accepted : 2016.03.15
- Published : 2016.03.31
Purpose: This study was conducted to find oral health and eating attributes relating to the maxillary anterior teeth color and examine the meaning. Methods: This study aims to prepare the basic data of the teeth color by measuring analyze mode using the color of the maxillary anterior teeth(maxillary central incisor, lateral incisor, canine) of the dental patients as the dental colorimeter. Also, This researcher explained the purpose of this study to dental patients and got agreement of 111 patients(50 men and 61 women). We conducted the survey from 2 March to 25 May, 2015. So the color of total 333 teeth was examined, and eating habit attributes and oral health behaviors were researched. Results: Lightness(L) was significantly high in female compared to male(12, p<0.05), the more often intake of red pepper paste decreased(11, 13) lightness. and the brightness of the 31-40 age group was significantly higher(12, p<0.05) than the group under the age of 20. Red chroma(a) was significantly low in over 50 age group compared to the group under the age of 20(12, p<0.05), and the red chroma(a) of the "received periodic scaling" group was significantly lower(13, p<0.01) than the other group.
eating habits attributes;oral health behaviors;lightness;red chroma;yellow chroma
- Back DI , Kim HD, Jin BH et al. Clinical Preventive Dentistry, Seoul, KoMoonSa, 2011.
- Chan KC, Fuller JL, Hormati AA. The ability of foods to stain two composite resins, J Prosthet Dent. 43, 542-545, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(80)90328-5
- Choi YJ, Park SJ, Cho HG, Hwang YC, Park BJ, Hwang IN. Influence of the Labial Surface irregularity on the Measurement of the tooth color by spectrometer, Restorative Dentistry&Endodonntics, 32(5), 411-418, 2007.
- Goodkind RJ, Sahwadacher WB. Use of fiberooptic colorimeter for in vivo color measurements of 2830 anterior teeth. J Prosthet Dent. 58, 535-542. 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(87)90380-5
- Ham HS, Actual conditions and preference of Tooth Bleaching in Working Young Women, Dept of Public health graduate school Korea University, 2007.
- Hersek N, Canay S, Uzun G, Yildiz F. "Color stability of denture base acrylic resins in three food colorants" J Prosthet Dent, 81, 375-9, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(99)80001-8
- Hyun HK. A study on the color of maxillary primary incisors using colorimeter, Dept of Public Dentistry graduate school Seoul National University, 1980.
- Jang HA, Suh KW, Rye JJ. The effect of fluoridation on discoloring of bleached teeth, J Korean Acad Prosthodont, Jul, 47(3), 527-265, 2009.
- Jeon YM et al. The effect of Femented Foods on the Color and hardness Change of Denture Base Acrylic Resins, J Korean academy of prosthodontics society. 42(2), 344-355, 2014.
- Jung HK. Dental Patients adaptation of Esthetic Dental Prothesis and Factors Impacting on Dental Prosthesis Treatment-Daegu& Gyungbuk Areas, Dept of Public health graduate school Yeungnam University, 2003.
- Jung HK, Park NG, Kim DH. A Study on the Eating Habit and the Oral Health Condition of Undergraduates, J Dent Hyg Sci, 13(2), 1-10, 2007.
- Kang MS, Kim CY, Kim HG, Kim Baek Il. Influence of self - perception, attitude, behavior and knowledge about oral health on caries experience and periodontal treatment need, Korea J Public Health Dent, 18(1), 144-168. 1994.
- Kim BS, Shin SY, Lee JH. Shade comparative analysis of natural tooth measured by visual and spectrophotometric methods, The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics, 45(5), 443-454, 2008.
- Kim EH, Lee HS, Oh HS. Effects of the Repetitive Tasting of Different Blending Types of Coffee on Teeth Stain during Home Bleaching, J Dent Hyg Sci, 10(6), 955-963, 2010.
- Kim SP, Hwang IN, Jho JH, Hwang IS. Tooth color changes associated with the bracket bonding and debonding, The Korean journal of orthodontics, 36(2), 114-124, 2006.
- Kim TJ, Kwan KR, Kim HS, Woo IH. A Study of the shade of between maxillary and mandibular anterior teeth in the Korean, The journal of Korean academy of prosthodontics, 46(4), 353-350, 2008.
- Lee BH. Perception of Maxillary Anterior Esthetics by General Public and Dental Hygiene Student of the Specific College, J Dent Hyg Sci, 7(3), 201-205, 2007.
- Lee JY, Yoon YS. Oral health and eating habits characteristics relating to maxillary central incisor color of the university students in their twenties, Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 12(2), 261-273, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.261
- Lee ST, Lee JH, Shin SY. Evaluation of shade guide using digital shade analysis system, The Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, Jan, 47(1), 1-11, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2009.47.1.1
- Lim HJ. Oral Health Relating to the Maxillary Anterior Teeth Color, Dept of Public health graduate school Kosin university, 2010.
- Linda G. "Bleaching techniques in restorative dentistry. 1st ed. Taylor&&Francis", New York, 1-9, 2001.
- Park HG, Jung JH, A Study on the Color of Korean Natural Teeth, The journal of Korean academy of prothodontics, 26(1). 185-196. 1988.
- Seo SY. The effects of periodontal patients' oral health perception and degree of practice of oral health on quality of life, Dept of Public health graduate school, Dan-kook university, 2009.
- Wei H, Wang YI, Cong XN, Tang WQ, Wei PM. "Survey and analysis of dental caries in students at a deaf-mute high school", Res Dev Disabil, 33, 279-1286. 2012.
- Yeh CL. The color optical properties of shade composites. Michigan, Thesis Univ of Michigan, 1975.
- Yoon YS. Oral Health and Eating Habit Attributes Relating to the Maxillary Anterior Teeth Color by Using the Shade Eye NCC, J Dent Hyg Sci, 12(4), 343-358. 2012.
- Zaborskis A, Milciuviene S, Narbutaite J. Bendoraitiene E, Kavaliauskiene A, Caries experience and health behaviour among 11-13 year olds: an ecological study of data from 27 European courtries, Israel, Canada and USA. Community Dent Health. 27, 102-108, 2010.