- Volume 65 Issue 3
This paper presents a study on reliability assessment and new contribution function development of power system including Wind Turbine Generator(WTG) combined with Battery Energy Storage System(BESS). This paper develops and proposes new reliability contribution function of BESS installed at wind farms. The methodology of reliability assessment, using Monte Carlo Simulation(MCS) method to simulate sample state duration, is proposed in detail. Forced Outage Rate(FOR) considered probabilistic approach for conventional generators is modelled in this paper. The penetration of large wind power can make risk to power system adequacy, quality and stability. Although the fluctuation of wind power, BESS installed at wind farms may smooth the wind power fluctuation. Using small size system as similar as Jeju island power system, a case study of reliability evaluation and new proposed contribution function of power system containing WTG combined with BESS is demonstrated in this paper, which would contributes to BESS reliability contribution and assessment tools of actual power system in future.
Wind turbine generator (WTG);Battery energy storage system (BESS);Monte carlo simulation (MCS);Reliability evaluation;ESS reliability contribution
- Tina Comes and Bartel Van de Walle, "Measuring Disaster Resilience: The Impact of Hurricane Sandy on Critical Infrastructure Systems", Proceedings of the 11th International ISCRAM Conference- University Park, Pennsylvania, USA, May 2014.
- Sayonsom Chanda, "Quantification of Power Distribution System Resiliency against Weather-Based Outages or Targeted Attacks", IEEE PES GM1015, Denver, USA, July 2015.
- Jaeseok Choi, "A Basic Study on Resiliency Evaluation Method for Future National Grid", KERI Report, 2015.
- P.Hu, R.Karki and Roy Billinton, "Reliability Evaluation of Generating Systems Containing Wind Power and Energy Storage", Journal of IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 783-791, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2008.0639
- P. Hu, "Thesis: Reliability Evaluation of Electric Power Systems Including Wind Power and Energy Storage", University of Saskatchewan, Oct. 2009.
- Z. Y. Gao and Peng Wang, "Reliability Evaluation of Power Systems with WTGs and Energy Storage", IPEC, 2010 Conference Proceedings, Singapore, 2010. 10. pp. 27-29.
- Carmen L. T. Borges and Eduardo Cantarino, "Microgrids Reliability Evaluation with Renewable Distributed Generation and Storage Systems", the 18th IFAC World Congress, Milano (Italy), pp. 11695-11700, 2011. 08. 28.-09. 02.
- Ungjin Oh, Yeonchan Lee, Jintaek Lim, Jaeseok Choi, Yongbeum Yoon, Byunghoon Chang and Sungmin Cho, "Reliability Evaluation with Wind Turbine Generators and an Energy Storage System for the Jeju Island Power System", Journal of KIEE, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 1-7, Jan. 2015.
- Kyeonghee Cho, Jeongje Park, and Jaeseok Choi, "Probabilistic Reliability Based Grid Expansion Planning of Power System Including Wind Turbine Generators", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp.698-704, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.698
- Jaeseok Choi, Jintaek Lim and Kwang Y. Lee, "DSM Considered Probabilistic Reliability Evaluation and an Information System for Power Systems Including Wind Turbine Generators", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 425-432, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2012.2234150
- R. Karki, P. Hu and R. Billinton, "A Simplified Wind Power Generation Model for Reliability Evaluation", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 21, No. 2, June 2006.
- Roy Billinton and Wenyuan Li, "Reliability Assessment of Electric Power Systems Using Monte Carlo Methods", Plenum Press, 1994.
- Jaeseok Choi, "Power System Reliability Evaluation Engineering", G&U Press, 2013, (written by Korean, ISBN 978-89-6257-060-1).
- 1. Reliability Contribution Function considering Wind Turbine Generators and Battery Energy Storage System in Power System vol.49, pp.27, 2016, doi:10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.3.371
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단