- Volume 4 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Compare the Effects of Inspiratory and Expiratory Muscle Strengthening Training of Normal Adult Respiratory Function
정상 성인 호흡기능에 대한 들숨 근 강화훈련과 날숨 근 강화 훈련의 효과 비교
- Lee, Yeonseop ;
- Oh, Minyeong ;
- Park, Juyeon ;
- Lee, Daehui ;
- Lee, Yejin ;
- Jeong, Dahye ;
- Hong, Jiyeon ;
- Hong, Hayeon ;
- Kim, Hyeonsu
- Received : 2016.03.09
- Accepted : 2016.03.27
- Published : 2016.03.31
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to examine the Compare the effects of inspiratory muscle strengthening training and expiratory muscle strengthening training of normal adult respiratory function. Method : In this study, we want to compare the effect of inspiratory muscle strengthening training(n=8) and expiratory muscle strengthening training(n=8) to target the normal adult 16 people. expiratory muscle strengthening training, was 25 minutes of training on the basis of the breathing image program that has been pre-recorded. inspiratory muscle strengthening training, use the power-breathe plus on the measured resistance value, was carried out for 25 minutes. Using the spirometer in order to examine the ability to breathe, FVC, FEV1, FEV1 / FVC, MVV was measured. Result : The results showd that in the breath muscle strengthening training FVC, FEV1, MVV increased statistically significantly. The inspiration muscle strength training FVC, FEV1, MVV was a statistically significant increase, FEV1/FVC decreased. There was no statistically significant difference between. Conclusion : In conclusion, both methods give the result of increasing the effective respiratory function. Inspiratory muscle strengthening training, the function of the lung is very limited to be used when and by us effectively and expiratory muscle strengthening training to increase the capacity of the lung is an effective way that will increase the volume.
power-breathe;inspiratory muscle;expiratory muscle
- 김용래, 이상진, 김형준 등(2003). 경수 손상 환자의 호흡재활 전.후의 호흡기능 평가에서 자세의 중요성. 대한재활의학회지, 27(4), 513-518.
- 정남진(2014). 들숨근육 훈련이 뇌졸중 환자의 호흡기능과 보행 및 몸통조절능력에 미치는 영향. 경운대학교 일반대학원, 박사학위 논문.
- Barnett M(2008). Management of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Br J Nurs, 17(22), 1390-1394. https://doi.org/10.12968/bjon.2008.17.22.31863
- Guyton AC, Hall JE(2011). Textbook of medical physiology. London, Saunders.
- Jung JH, Shim JM, Kwon HY, et al(2014). Effects of abdominal stimulation during inspiratory muscle training on respiratory function of chronic stroke patients. J Phys Ther Sci, 26(1), 73-76. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.26.73
- Koppers RJ, Vos PJ, Boot CR, et al(2006). Exercise performance improves in patients with COPD due to respiratory muscle endurance training. Chest, 129(4), 886-892. https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.129.4.886
- Loring SH, Garcia-Jacques M, Malhotra A(1985). Pulmonary characteristics in COPD and mechanisms of increased work of breathing. J Appl Physiol, 107(1), 309-314.
- Malouin F, Richards CL(2010). Mental practice for relearning locomotor skills. Phys Ther, 90(2), 240-251. https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20090029
- Mark DD, Ikehara C, Matsuura C, et al(2013). Validating the impact of teaching pursed-lips breathing with Skype: A pilot study. Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 15(8), 424-432. https://doi.org/10.1097/NJH.0000000000000015
- Marquis K, Debigare R, Lacasse Y, et al(2002). Midthigh muscle cross sectional area is a better predictor of mortality than body mass index in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 166(6), 809-813. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.2107031
- McCool FD, Tzelepis GE(1995). Inspiratory muscle training in the patient with neuromuscular disease. Phys Ther, 75(11), 1006-1014. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/75.11.1006
- Moodie L, Reeve J, Elkins M(2011). Inspiratory muscle training increases inspiratory muscle strength in patients weaning from mechanical ventilation: a systemic review. J Physiother, 57(4), 213-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1836-9553(11)70051-0
- Nield MA, Soo Hoo GW, Roper JM, et al(2007). Efficacy of pursed-lips breathing: a breathing pattern retraining strategy for dyspnea reduction. J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev, 27(4), 237-244. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.HCR.0000281770.82652.cb
- Petrovic M, Lahrmann H, Pohl W, et al(2009). Idiopathic diaphragmatic paralysis satisfactory improvement of inspiratory muscle function by inspiratory muscle training. Respir Physiol Neurobiol, 165(2-3), 266-267. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resp.2008.11.010
- Rabe KF, Hurd S, Anzueto A, et al(2007). A chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: GOLD executive summary. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 176(6), 532-555. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200703-456SO
- Sahsuvaroglu T, Su JG, Brook J, et al(2009). Predicting personal nitrogen dioxide exposure in an elderly population: integrating residential indoor and outdoor measurements, fixed-site ambient pollution concentrations, modeled pollutant levels, and time-activity patterns. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2009, 72(23), 1520-1533. https://doi.org/10.1080/15287390903129408
- Seo KC, Kim HA, Lim SW(2012). Effects of feedback respiratory exercise and diaphragm respiratory exercise on the pulmonary functions of chronic stroke patients. J Int Acad Phys Ther Res, 3(2), 413-478. https://doi.org/10.5854/JIAPTR.2012.10.30.413
- Spruit MA, Singh SJ, Garvey C, et al(2013). An official american thoracic society statement: key concepts and advances in pulmonary rehabilitation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 188(8), 13-64. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201309-1634ST
- Strasser B, Siebert U, Schobersberger W(2013). Effects of resistance training on respiratory function in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sleep Breath, 17(1), 217-226. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11325-012-0676-4
- Tabak M, op den Akker H, Hermens H(2014). Motivational cues as real time feedback for changing daily activity behavior of patients with COPD. Patient Educ Couns, 94(3), 372-378. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2013.10.014
- Temfemo A, Chlif M, Mandengue SH, et al(2011). Is there a beneficial effect difference between age, gender, and different cardiac pathology groups of exercise training at ventilatory threshold in cardiac patients? Cardiol J, 18(6), 632-638. https://doi.org/10.5603/CJ.2011.0026
- Tout R, Tayara L, Halimi M(2013). The effects of respiratory muscle training on improvement of the internal and external thoraco pulmonary respiratory mechanism in COPD patients. Ann Phys Rehabil Med, 56(3), 193-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rehab.2013.01.008