- Volume 17 Issue 3
Recently, the facility extension construction and maintenance market portion has increased instead of decreased the newly facility construction. In this context, it is important to examine the reverse engineering of MEP (Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing) facilities, which have the high operation and management cost in the architecture domains. The purpose of this study was to suggest the Large Point Cloud-based Pipe Shape Reverse Engineering Method. To conduct the study, the related researches were surveyed and the reverse engineering automation method of the pipe shapes considering large point cloud was proposed. Based on the method, the prototype was developed and the results were validated. The proposed method is suitable for large data processing considering the validation results because the rendering performance standard deviation related to the 3D point cloud massive data searching was 0.004 seconds.
Automation;Pipe;Point Cloud;Reverse engineering;3D Image Scan
- Korea Facilities Maintenance Association, CNEWS, 2013.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Facility Management System Development, 2008.
- D. S. Han, "Cultural Heritage Experience Technology Development for Cultural Property and Scenario Recovery," Korea Culture & Content Agency, 2005.
- D. H. Lee, Giga Point Cloud-based Reverse Design Module Development, INUS technology, 2009.
- T. Rabbani, F. A. Heuvel and G. Vosselman, “Segmentation of point clouds using smoothness constraint,” Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 248-253, 2006.
- Y. J. Liu, J. B. Zhang, J. C. Hou, J. C. Ren and W. Q. Tang, "Cylinder Detection in Large-Scale Point Cloud of Pipeline Plant," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 19, No. 10, pp. 1077-2626, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2013.74
- J. H. Lee, H. J. Son, C. M. Kim and C. W. Kim, "Skeleton-based 3D reconstruction of as-built pipelines from laser-scan data," Automation in Construction, Vol. 35, pp. 199-207, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2013.05.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2013.05.009
- O. K. Au, C. L. Tai, H. K. Chu, D. C. Or and T. Y. Lee, "Skeleton Extraction by Mesh Contraction," ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol. 27, No. 3, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1360612.1360643
- F. Hu, Y. Zhao, W. Wang and X. Huang, "Discrete Point Cloud Filtering And Searching Based On VGSO Algorithm," European Council for Modeling and Simulation, pp. 850-856, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7148/2013-0850 https://doi.org/10.7148/2013-0850
- J. S. Lee, Y. S. Lee, J. H. Kim and J. J. Kim, "A study about developing the BIM-based decision making support system at pre-design stage," Proc. of 2008 Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 637-640, 2008.
- C. Fu, G. Aouad, A. Lee, A. Mashall-Ponting and S. Wu, "IFC model viewer to support nD model application," Automation in Construction, Vol 15, No 2, pp. 178-185, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2005.04.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2005.04.002
Grant : 3D객체 역설계 기반 MEP 설비 유지관리 시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부