- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Correlation between the Properties of Superpave Binder and Engineering Properties of Recycled Aged CRM Mixtures
재생 CRM 바인더와 혼합물의 성능 상관성 연구
Kim, Hyun Hwan;Jeong, Kyu Dong;Lee, Moon Sup;Lee, Soon Jae
- Received : 2015.04.06
- Accepted : 2016.03.28
- Published : 2016.04.14
PURPOSES : The performance properties (indirect tensile strength, rutting resistance, and resilient modulus) of recycled aged CRM mixtures and their correlation with Superpave binder properties (viscosity, high failure temperature,
crumb rubber;recycling;rubberized binder;engineering properties
- Akisetty, C., Xiao, F., and Amirkhanian, S. (2011). Estimating Correlation between Rheological and Engineering Properties of Rubberized Asphalt Concrete Mixtures Containing Warm Mix Asphalt Additive. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 25, 950-956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.06.087
- Albritton, G.E., Barstis, W.F. and Gatlin, G.R. (1999). Construction and Testing of Crumb Rubber Modified Hot Mix Asphalt Pavement. Report No: FHWA/MS-DOT-RD-99-115. Federal Highway Administration, Washington D.C.
- Amirkhanian, S. and Corley, M. (2004). Utilization of Rubberized Asphalt in the United States - An Overview, 3-13.
- Bahia, H.U. and Davis, R. (1994). Effect of Crumb Rubber Modifiers (CRM) on Performance related Properties of Asphalt Binders, Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists 63, 414-449.
- Bischoff, D. and Toepel, A. (2004). Tire Rubber in Hot Mix Asphalt Pavement. Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Madison, WI.
- Caltrans (2005). Feasibility of Recycling Rubber-Modified Paving Materials. Materials Engineering and Testing Services, Office of Flexible Pavement Materials, Caltrans, Sacramento, CA.
- Crockford, W.W., Makunike, D., Davison, R.R., Scullion, T. and Billiter, T.C. (1995). Recycling Crumb Rubber Modified Pavements. Texas Transportation Institute Research Report 1333-1F. Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Gunkel, K.O'C. (1994). Evaluation of Exhaust Gas Emissions and Worker Exposure from Asphalt-Rubber Binders in Hot Mix Asphalt Mixtures Part I: Exhaust Gas Emissions Results. Wildwood Environmental Engineering Consultants, Inc. for Michigan Department of Transportation.
- Heitzman, M. (1992). Design and Construction of Asphalt Paving Materials with Crumb Rubber Modifier, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1339, 1-8.
- Huang, B., Mohammad, L.N., Graves, P.S., and Abadie, C.(2002). Louisiana Experience with Crumb Rubber-Modified Hot-Mix Asphalt Pavement, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1789, 1-13.
- Huang, S.-C., Tia, M., and Ruth, B. E. (1996). Laboratory Aging Methods for Simulation of Field Aging of Asphalts, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, 147-152.
- Kim, S., Loh, S.W., Zhai, H. and Bahia, H. (2001). Advanced Characterization of Crumb Rubber-Modified Asphalts, Using Protocols Developed for Complex Binder, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1767, 15-24.
- Lee, S.-J., Hu, Jiong, Kim, H. S., Amirkhanian, S. (2011). Aging Analysis of Rubberized Binders and Mixes Using Gel Permeation Chromatography. Construction and Building Materials. Vol. 25, No. 3, 1485-1490. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2010.08.004
- Liang, R.Y. and Lee, S. (1996). Short-Term and Long-Term Aging Behavior of Rubber Modified Asphalt Paving Mixtures, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1530, 11-17.
- Pavement Recycling Guidelines for State and Local Governments (1997). FHWA-SA-98-042.
- Ruth, B.E. and Roque, R. (1995). Crumb Rubber Modifier (CRM) in Asphalt Pavements, Proceedings of the Transportation Congress, 768-785.
- Shen, J., Amirkhanian, S., and Lee, S.-J. (2005). Effects of Rejuvenating Agents on Recycled Aged Rubber Modified Binders, The International Journal of Pavement Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 4, 273-279. https://doi.org/10.1080/10298430500439319
- Shen, J., Amirkhanian, S., Lee, S.-J., and Putman, B.J. (2006). Recycling of Laboratory-Prepared RAP Mixtures Containing Crumb Rubber Modified Binders in HMA, Transportation Research Record, 1962, 71-78. https://doi.org/10.3141/1962-09
- The Asphalt Institute (2003). Performance Graded Asphalt Binder Specification and Testing, SP-1. The Asphalt Institute, Lexington, KY.
- Xiao, F. and Amirkhanian, S. (2008). Resilient Modulus Behavior of Rubberized Asphalt Containing Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement, Road Materials and Pavement Design, Vol. 9, No. 4, 633-649. https://doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2008.9690142
- Zanzotto, L. and Kennepohl, G. (1996). Development of Rubber and Asphalt Binders by Depolymerization and Devulcanization of Scrap Tires in Asphalt, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1530, 51-59.