- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Servicescape at Airport Duty Free Shop on Customer Satisfaction and Image
공항 면세점의 서비스스케이프가 고객 만족 및 이미지에 미치는 영향
Park, Kyu-Seon;Park, Jin-Woo
- Received : 2016.02.12
- Accepted : 2016.03.25
- Published : 2016.03.31
Despite rapid growing in domestic duty free industry, weight of income from airport duty free area is relatively decreasing because of rapid progress in downtown duty free area. The purpose of this research was investigating the relationship between airport duty free servicescape and its effects on customer satisfaction and image for duty free shop, in order to maintain own competitive advantages. In pursuing above, previous studies related to servicescape, service value, customer satisfaction, and image were examined for literature review. Based on this previous studies, research model were constructed. Hypothesis was verified by effect. Data from 305 samples was employed for final survey. The main results show that functionality, attraction and convenience were meaningful factors to effect perceived servicescape. On the other hand, cleanness and comfort had few or no influence on servicescape. The perceived servicescape affected on service value and customer satisfaction. Service value had positive effects on customer satisfaction which was discovered to affected on image for duty free shop.
Duty Free Shop;Servicescape;Service Value;Customer Satisfaction;Image
- The Munhwa Ilbo, "Duty free shop sales, 2015." www.munhwa.com, 2016.1.25.
- Yu-Jin Choi & Jin-Woo Park, "The Research focusing on the Goal-directed Behavior of Duty Free Shop Users", Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 23(4), 2015, pp.73-81. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2015.23.4.073
- Bitner, M. J., "Servicescape: The Impact of Physical Surroundings on Customers and Employees," Journal of Marketing, 56(2), 1992, pp.57-71. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- Baker, J., "The Role of the Environment in Marketing Service: The Consumer Perspective. in: Czepiel, J. A., Congram, C., & Shanaham, J.(Eds.), The Services Challenge: Integrating for Competitive Advantage," Chicago, IL: AMA: 1987, pp.79-84.
- Lucas, A. F., "The Determinants and Effects of Slot Servicescape Satisfaction in a Las Vegas Casino," Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, University of Nevada, LasVegas, NV, U.S, 2000.
- Bong-Gu, Jeong, "The Effects of Deluxe Hotel Banquet Servicescape on Customer Satisfaction and Revisit Intention: Focused on the Moderating Effect of Hotel Trust," Ph.D. Thesis, Honam University, 2013.
- Ah-ran Ryoo, "The Effect of Customer Perception of the Physical Environments of Family Restaurants on Emotional Response, Customer Satisfaction, and Re-visit Intention," Ph.D. Thesis, Kyunghee University, 2015.
- K.L. Wakefield & J. G. Blodgett, "The effect of the Servicescapes on customers' behavioral intentions in Leisure Service Setting," Journal of Services Marketing, 10(6), 1996, pp.45-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049610148594
- Noel, Y.S., Penny, Y.K.W., Ping, D., "The impact of the servicescape on the desire to stay in convention and exhibition centers : The case of Macao," International Journal of Hospitality Management, 31, 2011, pp.236-246
- Zeithaml,V.A.,"Consumer Perceptions of Price Quality and Value: A means-ends model and synthesis of evidence," Journal of Marketing, 52(3), 1988, pp.2-22. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- Cronin, J. J., Brand, R. R., Hightower, Jr. R., & Shemwell, D., "A Cross-Sectional Test of the Effect and Conceptualization of Service Value," Journal of Services Marketing, 11(6), 1997, pp.357-391
- McDougall, G. & Levesque., "Customer Satisfaction with Service: Putting Perceived Valuein to the Equation," Journal of Services Marketing, 14(5), 2000, pp.392-410 https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010340937
- Bieger, T., Wittmer, A. & Laesser, C,, "What is Driving the Continued Growth in Dermand for Air Travel. Customer Value of Air Transport," Journal of Air Transport Management, 13(1), 2007, pp.31-36 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2006.11.002
- Rust, R. T. & Oliver, R., "Service Quality:Insights and Managerial Implications from The Frontier," in Rust,R.T and Oliver,R.L. (Eds),Service Quality:New Direction in Theory and Practice, Sage Publications, London, 1994, pp.1-19.
- Oliver, R. L., "Satisfaction: A Behavioral Perspective on the Consumer," Boston, MA: Irwin, 1997.
- Hellier, P.K., Geursen, G.M., Carr R.A., and Rickard, J. A. "Customer Repurchase Intentions: A General Structural Equation Model, " European Journal of Marketing, 33(1), 2003, pp.1762-1800
- K.L. Wakefield & J. G. Blodgett, "The Important of Servicescapes in Leisure Service Setting," Journal of Services Marketing, 8(3), 1994, pp.66-76. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049410065624
- Han-Young Yoon, Sung-Sik Park & Jang-Kyu Bang, "A Comparative Study of Satisfaction of Chinese and Japanese Transit Passengers at Incheon International Airport", Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 19(3), 2011, pp.69-82.
- Oliver, R.L., "A Cognitive Mode of the Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction Decisions," Journal of Marketing Research, 17(4), 1980, pp.460-469. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Walker J. L., "Service Encounter Satisfaction: Conceptualized." Journal of Services Marketing, 9(1), 1995, pp.5-14. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049510079844
- Jain, A.K. and Edgar, M., "Measuring store image through multidimentional scaling of free response data." Journal of Retailing, 52(4), 1977, pp.61-70.
- Louviere, J. J. & Johnson, R. D., "Reliability and valididy of the brand-anchored conjoint approach to measuring retailer images," Journal of Retailing, 66(Winter), 1990, pp.359-382
- Bloemer, J. & Ruyter, K., "On the Relationship between Store Image, Store Satisfaction and Store Loyalty," European Journal of Marketing, 32(4), 1998, pp.499-513 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569810216118
- Young-Ju Kim, "The Structural Relationship among Servicescape, Human Services, Customer Satisfaction, Store Image, and Revisit Intention on Coffee Shop," Ph.D. Thesis, Kyongnam University, 2015.
- Cronin & Taylor, S. A., "Measuring Service Quality: A Reexamination and Extension," Journal of Marketing, 56(3), 1992, pp.55-68
- Long W. Lam, Ka Wai Chan, Davis Fong, Freda Lo, "Does the look matter? The impact of casino servicescape on gaming customer satisfaction, intention to revisit, and desire to stay." International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30, 2010, pp.558-567.
- Anderson, E. W., Fornell, C., & Lehman, D., "Customer Satisfaction, Market Share, and Profitability: Findings from Sweden," Journal of Marketing, 58(7), 1994, pp.53-66.
- Lee & Ulgado, F. M., "Customer Evaluation of Fast-Food Services: A Cross National Comparison," The Journal of Services Marketing, 11(1), 1997, pp.39-52. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049710158358
- Bojanic,D. C.,"Customer Perceptions of Price, Value and Satisfaction in the Hotel Industry: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Hospitality and Leisure Marketing, 4(1), 2000, pp.5-22.
- Baker, D. A. & Crompton, J. L., "Quality, Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions," Annals of Tourism Research, 27(2), 2000, pp.785-804 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(99)00108-5
- Sung-Tae Kim, "A study on the effects of the delayed cost and the service quality of the airline corporation on the trust, the satisfaction of the customers, the image, and the intention of the behavior- centered around the comparison between FSC and LCC," Ph.D. Thesis, Kyonggi University, 2013.
- Yong-Hee LA, "The Effects of Coffeehouse Servicescape on the Customer Loyalty: The Mediating Effect of Service Value, Customer Satisfaction, Brand Image," Ph.D. Thesis, Konyang University, 2013.
- Kwang-Il Kim, Eun-Hyeong Gwon, Kee Woong-Kim & Sung-Sik Park, "A Research on the Effect of Foreign Passengers' Satisfaction on Specialized Cabin Services on Long Haul Flight to Their Loyalty through Airline's Brand Asset", Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 21(3), 2013, pp.65-77. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2013.21.3.065
- Rahim Hussain, Amjad Al Nasserand Yomna K.Hussain, "Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction of a UAE-based Airline :An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Air Transport Management, 30, 2014, pp.1-9.
- Woo-Geuk Shim , "A Study on the Structural Relationships among the Educational Service Quality, Service Value, Customer Satisfaction, Brand Image and Voluntary Behavioral Intention: Focused on the Moderating Effects of Value Congruence," Ph.D. Thesis, Kongju National University, 2015.
- Hae-Kyung Jeon, "The effect of physical environment of the Korean Restaurants on customer satisfaction and loyalty: focused on the media effects of customer value," Ph.D. Thesis, Dong-Eui University, 2013.