- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
High Power Density 50kW Bi-directional Converter for Hybrid Electric Vehicle HDC
하이브리드 자동차용 HDC를 위한 50kW급 고전력밀도 양방향 컨버터
Yang, Jung-Woo;Keum, Moon-Hwan;Choi, Yoon;Han, Sang-Kyoo;Kim, Seok-Joon;Kim, Sam-Gyun;Kim, Jong-Pil;Sakong, Suk-Chin
- Received : 2015.09.25
- Accepted : 2015.12.04
- Published : 2016.04.20
This paper proposed a high-power density bidirectional converter for hybrid electric vehicle high-voltage DC-DC converter(HDC). The conventional HDC has two disadvantages. First, large inductance is required to satisfy the ripple current of inductor by low switching frequency (<20 kHz). Second, large core size is required to prevent the saturation of inductor by high current. Compared with the conventional HDC, the proposed HDC can reduce inductance with SiC-FET for high frequency driving. High-power density of I/O capacitors can be achieved through two-phase interleaved method. The high-power density of inductors can be achieved because the offset current of magnetizing inductance is theoretically terminated by using the differential mode coupled inductor instead of using two single inductors. The validity of the proposed converter is proved through the 50 kW prototype.
Non-isolated;Bi-directional;HDC(High voltage DC-DC Converter);Interleaved;High power density;DM(Differential Mode) coupled inductor
- T. S. Kwon and H. D. Lee, "Trend of inverter technology for green car," KIPE Magazine, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 28-32, Aug. 2009.
- R. Y. Kim and J. S. Lai, "High-power density design of a soft-switching high-power bidirectional dc-dc converter," IEEE Trans. on PE, Vol. 4, pp. 1-7, July 2007.
- J. Liu and K. L. Wong, "Performance evaluations of hard-switching interleaved DC/DC boost converter with new generation silicon carbide MOSFETs," Cree.
- S Chandrasekaran, "Integrated magnetics for interleaved DC-DC boost converter for fuel cell powered vehicles," IEEE Trans on PE, Vol. 1, pp. 356-361, June 2004.
- B. Ray, H. Kosai, S. McNeal, B. Jordan, and J. Scofield, "Performance analysis of a multi-mode interleaved boost converter," in Proc. IEEE ECCESan Jose, CA, USA, pp. 2176-2183, Sep. 2009.
- A. F. Witulski, "Introduction to modeling of transformers and coupled inductors," IEEE Trans on PE, Vol. 10, pp 349-357, May 1995.
Supported by : (주) 현대자동차(HYUNDAI MOTORS), 국민대학교