- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Engineering Character of Ultra Rapid Hardening Concrete-Polymer Composite using CAC and Gypsum Mixed CAC
CAC 및 석고혼입 CAC를 사용한 초속경 콘크리트-폴리머 복합체의 공학적 특성
Koo, Ja Sul;Yoo, Seung Yeup;Kim, Jin Man
- Received : 2015.11.11
- Accepted : 2016.03.15
- Published : 2016.04.20
Recently, application case of the ultra rapid hardening concrete-polymer composite(URHCPC) are increasing to repair for the deterioration of pavement. But it is a major disadvantage that the main material is expensive and has environmental load. For these reasons, the development of the economic, eco-friendly materials is needed. Calcium Aluminate Composite (CAC), produced by rapid cooling of atomizing method with molten ladle furnace slag, is a material capable of improving the economic feasibility and reducing the environmental load of URHCPC. In this paper, the properties of CAC and gypsum mixed CAC (GC) as alternative materials of RSC according to the types of polymer dispersion were studied. The results were as follows; compressive strength, tensile strength, flexural strength, bonding strength and modulus of elasticity of the composites using CAC or GC showed higher values than those of plain proportion in 3 hour. In later age, they were at the same level as the general proportions. URHCPC using BPD as polymer dispersion had superior strength properties generally. But modulus of elasticity was the same level as the case of using a SBR latex. According to these results, CAC or GC can partially substituted for RSC to product the URHCPC. When URHCPC uses the BPD as the polymer dispersion, it can be improved performance.
concrete-polymer composite;regulated set cement;calcium aluminate composite;gypsum mixed calcium aluminate composite
- Korea Concrete Institute. Pa:limerka:nkri:t bokhapcheui Jejo mit Sigong[Manufacturing and construction of polymer concrete composites]. 1st ed. Seoul (Korea): Kimoondang; 2013. 173 p. Korean
- Kim JM, Cho SH, Oh SY, Kawk EG. Properties of Rapidly-Cooled Steel Slag by Atomizing Process. Journal of Korea Concrete Institute. 2007 Nov;16(6):39-45.
- Lee KJ, Koo JS, Kim JM. Experimental study on development of application for rapid chilled CaO-Al2O3 steel slag. International Solid Waste Association ; 2013 Oct 8-9; Vienna, Austria. Vienna (Austria): International Solid Waste Association World Congress; 2013.
- Yoo SY, Lee KJ, Park KS, Koo JS, Lee YJ. A Fundamental characteristics of concrete polymer composite using black polymer dispersion. Korea Concrete Institute Conference; 2013 Oct 10; Goseong, Korea. Seoul (Korea). Korea Concrete Institute Conference; 2013. p. 331-2
- Kil YS. Optimum Mix Design and Applicability of VES-LMC using Electric Arc Furnace Oxidizing Slag as Fine Aggregate[Dissertation]. [Chuncheon (Korea)]: Kangwon National University ; 2012. 138 p.
- Kim KH. Very Early Strength-Latex Modified Concrete: Business Page[Internet]. Chuncheon (Korea): SAMWOOIMC; 2003 Aug 13[updated 2004 Sep 24]. Available from: http://www.samwooimc.com/business_mat_vlmc.php
- Chang BK, Jung CJ, Lee JH, Lim YM. Siment Jearyohawhak [Material Chemistry of Cement]. 1st ed. Gwangju (Korea): Chonnam National University Press; 1998. 274 p. Korean
- Kong TW, Enhanced durability performance of regulated set cement concrete [Master's Thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Konkuk University; 2005. 80 p.
- Ki TK. Synthesis of Tricalciumaluminate Clinker using Hydrates as a Starting Materials [Master's Thesis]. [Changwon (Korea)]: Kyungnam University; 2007. 46 p.
- Yoo SY. Development of Superplasticizer Combined CASB and Performance Improvement of Ultra High Strength Concrete [Dissertation]. [Cheongju (Korea)]: Cheongju University; 2011. 188 p.
Supported by : Ministry of Environment