- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Optimization of T/C Lifting Plan using Dependency Structure Matrix (DSM)
DSM을 활용한 타워크레인 양중계획 최적화에 관한 연구
Kim, Seungho;Kim, Sangyong;Jean, Jihoon;An, Sung-Hoon
- Received : 2016.01.15
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.04.20
Tower crane (T/C) is one of the major equipment that is highly demanded in construction projects. Especially, most high-rise building projects require T/C to perform lifting and hoisting activities of materials. Therefore, lifting plan of T/C needs to reduce construction duration and cost. However, most lifting plan of the T/C in construction sites has still performed depending on experience and intuition of the site manager without systematic process of rational work. Dependency structure matrix (DSM) is useful tool in planning the activity sequences and managing information exchanges unlike other existing tools. To improve lifting plan of T/C efficiently, this study presents a framework for the scheduling T/C using DSM through the case study in real world construction site. The results of case study showed that the scheduling T/C using DSM is useful to optimize the T/C lifting plan in terms of easiness, specially in the typical floor cycle lifting planning.
tower crane;dependency structure matrix;lifting plan;frame construction;typical floor
- Sawhney A, Mund, A. Adaptive probabilistic neural network- based crane type selection system. Journal of construction engineering and management. 2002 May;128(3):265-73. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2002)128:3(265)
- Kim SW, Choe MK. A Study on the Lifting Progress Character Tributary for the Construction Materials Moving Method. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2010 Mar;12(1):199-205.
- Jang S. Tower Crane Operation Management Using the Dependency Structure Matrix (DSM) [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Seoul National University; 2009. 96 p.
- Huang C, Wong CK, Tam CM. Optimization of tower crane and material supply locations in a high-rise building site by mixed-integer linear programming. Automation in Construction. 2011 Aug;20(5):571-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2010.11.023
- Marzouk M, Abubakr A. Decision support for tower crane selection with building information models and genetic algorithms. Automation in Construction. 2016 Jan;61:1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2015.09.008
- Shapira A, Lucko G, Schexnayder CJ. Cranes for building construction projects. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2007 Sep;133(9):690-700. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2007)133:9(690)
- Shin YS. Construction Lift Planning System in Tall Building Construction. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2011 Nov;27(11):227-35.
- Al-Hussein M, Niaz MA, Yu H, Kim H. Integrating 3D visualization and simulation for tower crane operations on construction sites. Automation in Construction. 2006 Sep;15(5):554-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2005.07.007
- Zhang P, Harris FC, Olomolaiye PO, Holt GD. Location optimization for a group of tower cranes. Journal of construction engineering and management. 1999 Mar;125(2):115-22. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1999)125:2(115)
- Tam CM, Tong TK. GA-ANN model for optimizing the locations of tower crane and supply points for high-rise public housing construction. Construction Management and Economics. 2003;21(3):257-66. https://doi.org/10.1080/0144619032000049665
- Sacks R, Navon R, Brodeskaia I, Shapire A. Feasibility of Automated Monitoring of Lifting Equipment in Support of Project Control. Journal of construction engineering and management. 2005 May;131(5):604-14. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2005)131:5(604)
- Ahn BJ, Kim JJ. Evaluating the Feasibility of a Lift Plan for Finish Materials in high-Rise Building Construction. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2001 Jan;17(1):145-56.
- Lee UK, Kang KI, Kim GH, Cho HH. Improving tower crane productivity using wireless technology. Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering. 2006 Nov;21(8):594-604. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8667.2006.00459.x
- An H, Lee S, Jeong S. Development of Tower-crane Monitoring System Using Genetic Algorithm. Proceeding of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems; 2009 Sep 2-4; Busan, Korea. Seoul (Korea): 2009. p. 826-8.
- Lee JH, Kim YS. The Effective Process of Tower Crane Lifting & Material Management Using Smart-Phone. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. 2012 Jul;28(7):141-50.
- Yassine A, Braha D. Complex concurrent engineering and the design structure matrix method. Concurrent Engineering. 2003 Sep;11(3):165-76. https://doi.org/10.1177/106329303034503