- Volume 16 Issue 2
The collaboration with members are very important things to manage the field organization in the building construction project. These collaborations are related with the communication in the organization, so the field organization ability could be advanced by improving the communication level. However, the research about communication in building construction field organizations has rarely studied. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to analyze the organizational factors to influence the communications in building construction field organizations. In this study, the leadership style of head managers and organizational cultural characteristics is determined the factors to influence the communication level by literature reviewing. The results of this study showed that the communication level is good when head managers in building construction site had an idealized influence style leadership and individual consideration style leadership. In addition, the good communicated field organizations had the higher characteristics of a consensus culture and development culture. This study is expected to help to improve the performance of the building construction field organizations.
communication;leadership;organizational culture;organizational management
- Son JW, Shin SW, Yi JS. Understanding Collaborative Working Processes within Construction Project Teams Using Agent-Based Modeling and Simulation. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2014 Jan;15(1):70-7. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2014.15.1.070
- Keung CCW, Shen L. Measuring the Networking Performance foe Contractors in Practicing Construction Management. Journal of Management in Engineering. 2013 Oct;29(4):400-6.
- Kim JY. Collaborative Relationship Analysis between Members of Apartment Construction Organizations. Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2014 Feb;14(1):102-9. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2014.14.1.102
- Senescu RR, Aranda-Mena G, Haymaker JR. Relationships between Project Complexity and Communication. Journal of Management in Engineering. 2013 Apr;29(2):183-97.
- Lee JS, Park SK. A Relationship study between the internal marketing-related organizational factors in construction companies and corporate performance. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2013 Mar;14(2) :65-77.
- Lee WK. Effect of Project Management Knowledge on Construction Project Performance [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Soongsil University; 2014. 81 p.
- Tone K, Skitmore M, Wong JKW. An investigation of the impact of cross-cultural communication on the management of construction projects in Samoa. Construction Management and Economics. 2009 Apr;27(4):343-61. https://doi.org/10.1080/01446190902748713
- Song SY. The Impact of The Communication Behaviors on Project Outcomes in Nuclear Power Plant Construction Project [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Soongsil University; 2010. 76 p.
- Park SH. The impact of the communication quality on plant project performance [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Hanyang University; 2013. 69 p.
- Lee SY. A study on the organizational communication difficulties : Focusing on overseas plant construction project A [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Ewha Womans University; 2015. 134 p.
- Shin YK, Lee CW. Organizational Behavior. [Seoul (Korea)]: Hankyungsa; 2014. 589 p.
- Lim CH. Organizational Behavior. 5th ed. [Seoul (Korea)]: BnMBooks; 2013. 686 p.
- Chung CK, A Study on the Analysis of Competency Assessment for Construction Managers [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Seoul National University of Science and Technology; 2013. 68 p.
- Moon JC. The Effect of Organizational Culture on Organization Management System [master's thesis]. [Yongin (Korea)]: Dankook University; 2010. 98 p.
- Gang JS, Kim HS. Evaluation of Project Manager’s Leadership on Construction Projects. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2010 Jan;11(1):151-9. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2010.11.1.151
- Choi SI. A Study on the Effects of Leadership and Power Styles on the Organizational Effectiveness : Focused on the Construction Project Manager [dissertation]. [Chungnam (Korea)]: Hoseo University; 2007. 150 p.
- Wang XQ. Research on the impact of manager's leadership competence for construction project performance focused in the type of leadership [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Hanyang University; 2014. 79 p.
- Hwnag IC. The effects of leadership and trust in supervisor on job satisfaction and turnover intention [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Chungang University; 2010. 39 p.
- An SH, Bitamba BF. Influence of Organizational Culture on Performance of Building Construction Project. Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2015 Oct;15(5):501-6. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2015.15.5.501
- Kang BS, Kim GS. The statistical analysis of social science. 4th ed. [Seoul (Korea)]: Hannarae Academy; 2009. 442 p.
Supported by : Daegu University