- Volume 20 Issue 6
This paper investigates the flexural stiffness of simply supported steel-concrete composite I-beams under positive bending moment through combined experimental, numerical, and different standard methods. 14 composite beams are tested for experimental study and parameters including shear connection degree, transverse and longitudinal reinforcement ratios, loading way are also investigated. ABAQUS is employed to establish finite element (FE) models to simulate the flexural behavior of composite beams. The influences of a few key parameters, such as the shear connection degree, stud arrangement, stud diameter, beam length, loading way, on the flexural stiffness is also studied by parametric study. In addition, three widely used standard methods including GB, AISC, and British standards are used to estimate the flexural stiffness of the composite beams. The results are compared with the experimental and numerical results. The findings have provided comprehensive understanding of the flexural stiffness and the modelling of the composite beams. The results also indicate that GB 50017-2003 could provide better results in comparison to the other standards.
steel-concrete composite beam;flexural stiffness;finite element;degree of shear connection
- AISC-LRFD (2005), Load and resistance factor design specification for structural steel buildings, (2nd Ed.), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Chicago, IL, USA.
- BS5950-3.1: British Standard (1990), Structural use of steelwork in building, Part 3: Design in Composite Construction, British Standards Institution, London, UK.
- Chang, X., Luo, X.L., Zhu, C.X. and Tang, C.A. (2014), "Analysis of circular concrete-filled steel tube support in high ground stress conditions", Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Tech., 43(3), 41-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2014.04.002
- Chang, X., Wang, J.H, Zhang, Z.H. and Tang, C.A. (2015a), "Effects of interface behavior on fracture spacing in layered rock", Rock Mech. Rock Eng., 48, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-014-0568-y
- Chang, X., Shan, Y.F., Zhang, Z.H., Tang, C.A. and Ru, Z.L. (2015b), "Behavior of propagating fracture at bedding interface in layered rocks", Eng. Geol., 197(10), 33-41 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2015.08.010
- Dias, M.M., Tamayo, J.L.P. and Morsch, I.B. (2015), "Time dependent finite element analysis of steelconcrete composite beams considering partial interaction", Comput. Concrete, 15(4), 687-707. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2015.15.4.687
- Ding, F.X., Ying, X.Y., Zhou, L.C. and Yu, Z.W. (2011), "Unified calculation method and its application in determining the uniaxial mechanical properties of concrete", Front. Archit. Civil Eng. China, 5(3), 381-393. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11709-011-0118-6
- Ding, F.X., Liu, J. and Liu, X.M. (2015), "Mechanical behavior of circular and square concrete filled steel tube stub columns under local compression", Thin-Wall. Struct., 94(9), 155-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2015.04.020
- Ding, F.X., Fu, L. and Liu, X.M. (2016a), "Mechanical performances of track-shaped rebar stiffened concrete-filled steel tubular (SCFRT) stub columns under axial compression", Thin-Wall. Struct., 99(2), 168-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2015.11.022
- Ding, F.X., Lu, D.R. and Bai, Y. (2016b), "Comparative study of square stirrup-confined concrete-filled steel tubular stub columns under axial loading", Thin-Wall. Struct., 98(1), 443-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2015.10.018
- Eurocode 4, European Standard (2004), Design of composite steel and concrete structures, Part 1.1: General rules and rules for buildings-General rules, EN 1994-1-1.
- GB 50017-2003, China Standard (2003), Code for design of steel structures, China Planning Press, Beijing, China.
- Hou, Z.M., Xia, H. and Wang, Y.Q. (2015), "Dynamic analysis and model test on steel-concrete composite beams under moving loads", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 18(3), 565-582. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.3.565
- Hibbitt, Karlson & Sorensen Inc. (2003), ABAQUS/standard User's Manual, Version 6.4.1., Pawtucket, RI, USA.
- Kim, S.H., Jung, C.Y. and Ahn, J.H. (2011), "Ultimate strength of composite structure with different degrees of shear connection", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 11(2), 375-390. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2011.11.5.375
- Lezgy-Nazargah, M. and Kafi, L. (2015), "Analysis of composite steel-concrete beams using a refined highorder beam theory", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 18(6), 1353-1368. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.18.6.1353
- Mirza, O. and Uy, B. (2011), "Behaviour of composite beam-column flush end-plate connections subjected to low-probability, high-consequence loading", Eng. Struct., 33(2), 647-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.11.024
- Mohammad, R.S. (1999), "Modeling of bond-slip in steel-concrete composite beams and reinforcing bars ". Ph.D. Dissertation; University of Colorado, CO, USA.
- Nie, J.G. and Cai, C.S. (2003), "Steel-concrete composite beams considering shear slip effects", J. Struct. Eng., 129(4), 495-506. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:4(495)
- Nie, J.G., Tao, M.X. and Cai, C.S. (2011), "Analytical and numerical modeling of prestressed continuous steel-concrete composite beams", J. Struct. Eng., 137(12), 1405-1418. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000409
- Ollgaard, J.G., Roger, G.S. and John, W.F. (1971), "Shear strength of stud connectors in lightweight and normal-weight concrete", AISC Eng. J., 8(2), 55-64.
- Salari, M.R. (1999), "Modeling of bond-slip in steel-concrete composite beams and reinforcing bars", Ph.D. Dissertation; University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO, USA.
- Selcuk, E.G. and Metin, H. (2013), "Ultimate behavior of composite beams with shallow I-sections", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 14(5), 493-509. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2013.14.5.493
- Souici, A., Berthet, J.F., Li, A. and Rahal, N. (2013), "Behaviour of both mechanically connected and bonded steel-concrete composite beams", Eng. Stuct., 49(4), 11-23.
- Zhao, H.L., Yu, Y. and Ye. Z.M., (2012), "Simplified nonlinear simulation of steel-concrete composite beams", J. Constr. Steel Res., 71(4), 83-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2011.08.015
- Zhou, W.B., Li, S. and Jiang, L. (2015), "Distortional buckling calculation method of steel-concrete composite box beam in negative moment area", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 19(5), 1203-1219. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2015.19.5.1203
- Zhou, W.B., Li, S. and Huang, Z. (2016), "Distortional buckling of I-steel-concrete composite beams in negative moment area", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 20(1).57-70. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.1.057
- 1. Study on flexural capacity of simply supported steel-concrete composite beam vol.21, pp.4, 2016, doi:10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1369
- 2. Seismic performance of a non-through-core concrete between concrete-filled steel tubular columns and reinforced concrete beams vol.110, 2017, doi:10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1369
- 3. Natural vibration analysis of steel–concrete composite box beam using improved finite beam element method 2017, doi:10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1369
- 4. Improved Finite Beam Element Method to Analyze the Natural Vibration of Steel-Concrete Composite Truss Beam vol.2017, 2017, doi:10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1369
- 5. Experimental investigation on hysteretic behavior of simply supported steel-concrete composite beam vol.144, 2018, doi:10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1369
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Natural Science Foundation of China