- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of pH and Initial Phosphorus Concentration on Phosphorus Removal by Aluminum Salts
알루미늄염에 의한 인 제거 시 pH와 초기 인 농도의 영향
- Received : 2015.10.07
- Accepted : 2015.12.29
- Published : 2016.04.15
Phosphorus (P) removal by aluminum sulfate solution was investigated with varying pH and initial P concentrations. P removal was the highest at around pH 6. The pH range where P removal occurred was slightly wider at higher initial P concentrations. Compared to theoretical calculations, it was confirmed that
- APHA, AWWA and WEF (2005) Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 21th ed, Part 4500-PE. "Ascorbic acid method", American Public Health Association, Washington, DC.
- Benjamin, M. M. (2002) Water chemistry, McGraw Hill, New York.
- Galarneau, E. and Gehr, R. (1997) Phosphorus removal from wastewaters: experimental and theoretical support for alternative mechanisms, Wat. Res., 32(2), 328-338.
- Georgantas, D. A. and Grigoropoulou, H. P. (2007) Orthophosphate and metaphosphate ion removal from aqueous solution using alum and aluminum hydroxide, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 315(1), 70-79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2007.06.058
- Han, S. W. and Kang, L. S. (2010) Removal mechanism of phosphorus in wastewater effluent using coagulation process, J. Kor. Soc. of Environ. Eng., 32(8), 774-779.
- Haynes, W. M. (2013) CRC handbook of chemistry and physics, 94th ed., CRC press, Boca Raton.
- Hsu, P. H. and Rennie, D. A. (1961a) Reactions of phosphate in aluminum systems; I. adsorption of phosphate by X-ray amorphous aluminum hydroxide, Can. J. Soil Sci., 42, 197-209.
- Hsu, P. H. and Rennie, D. A. (1961b) Reactions of phosphate in aluminum systems; II. precipitation of phosphate by exchangeable aluminum on a cation exchange resin, Can. J. Soil Sci., 42, 210-221.
- Jones, A. M., Collins, R. N. and Waite, T. D. (2011) Mineral species control of aluminum solubility in sulfate-rich acidic waters, Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 75, 965-977. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2010.12.001
- Metcalf & Eddy/AECOM (2014) Wastewater engineering treatment and resource recovery, 5th ed., McGraw Hill, New York.
- Music, S., Dragcevic, D. and Popovic, S. (1999) Hydrothermal crystallization of boehmite from freshly precipitated aluminum hydroxide, Mat. Lett., 40, 269-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(99)00088-9
- Sedlak, R. I. (1991) Phosphorus and nitrogen removal from Municipal wastewater: principles and practice, 2nd ed., Lewis publishers, New york.
- Skoufadis, C., Panias, D. and Paspaliaris, I. (2003) Kinetics of boehmite precipitation from supersaturated sodium aluminate solutions, Hydrometallurgy, 68, 57-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-386X(02)00165-2
- Tanada, S., Kabayama, M., Kawasaki, N., Sakiyama, T., Nakamura, T., Araki, M. and Tamura, T. (2003) Removal of phosphate by aluminum oxide hydroxide, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 257, 135-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9797(02)00008-5
- Wang, Y., Han Tng, K., Wu, H., Leslie, G. and Waite, T. D. (2014) Removal of phosphorus from wastewaters using ferrous salts - A pilot scale membrane bioreactor study, Wat. Res., 57, 140-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2014.03.029
- WEF (2011) Nutrient removal, WEF (Water Environment Federation) manual of practice no. 34, McGraw Hill, New York.
Grant : 차세대 에코이노베이션사업(글로벌탑 환경기술개발사업)
Supported by : 환경부