- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Disinfection of E. coli from Wastewater using a Non-contact type UV Photoreactor and Log Inactivation Index
비접촉식 자외선 광반응조를 이용한 하수 대장균의 살균과 Log 불활성화율 지표
Kim, Sunghong;Kim, Kyungmyun;Kim, Gwangil;Choe, Jaewan
- Received : 2015.12.09
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.04.15
Disinfection of microorganisms using UV light is widely used in the field of water supply and wastewater treatment plant, In spite of high germicidal effect and relatively clean by-product, UV disinfection has fundamental defeat that is accumulation of fouling materials at the interface of water and lamp sleeve. Non-contact type of UV photoreactor which can avoid this fouling generation was developed and the experimental performance evaluation of the system was carried out in this study. Log inactivation rate of E. coli was selected as a disinfection index. The concentration of E. coli of second clarifier effluent was
UV disinfection;non-contact type UV photoreactor;E. coli;log inactivation;wastewater disinfection
- Kim K.M,, Lee I.H., Kim S.H. and Park G.G. (2013). Disinfection of secondary effluent by pilot scale non-contact type UV photoreactor, 2013 KSWW and KSWQ Conference, P-84.
- Kim S.H. (2008). A study on the ultraviolet disinfection in a water treatment plant, J. of Adv. Eng. and Technol., 1(2), 1-6.
- Jeon H.B., Youn J.W., Kim S.H. (2012). Optical characteristics of the UV intensity distribution in a non-contact type UV photoreactor, J. of KSWW, 26(2), 257-264.
- Ministry of Environment (2014). 2013 Statistics of Sewage, Ministry of Environment
- Blatchley III E.R. (1997). Numerical modelling of UV intensity : Application to collimated-beam reactors and continuous-flow systems, Water Res., 31(9), 2205-2218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)82238-5
- Duran J.E., Taghipour F. and Mohseni M. (2010). Irradiance modeling in annular photoreactors using the finite-volume method, J. Photoch. Photobio. A, 215, 81-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotochem.2010.07.027
- Gehr R. and Wright H. (1998). UV disinfection of wastewater coagulated with ferric chloride: Recalcitrance and fouling problems, Water Sci. Technol., 38(3), 15-23.
- Gilboa Y. and Friedler E. (2008). UV disinfection of RBG-treated light greywater effluent: Kinetics, survival and regrowth of selected microorganisms, Water Res., 42, 1043-1050. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2007.09.027
- Kim S.H., Choi Y.G. and Kim D.I. (2011). Development of UV distribution model for the non-contact type UV disinfection system, Int. J. Chem. Reactor Eng., 9, 1-17.
- Lee W.H., Choi Y.G. and Kim S.H. (2014) Calibration of an ultraviolet distribution model by precise measurement of underwater ultraviolet intensities, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31(10), pp.1780-1785. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-014-0134-z
- Oh B.S., Park S.J., Jung Y.J., Park S.Y. and Kang J.W. (2007). Disinfection and oxidation of sewage effluent water using ozone and UV technologies, Water Sci. Technol., 55(1-2), 299-306. https://doi.org/10.2166/wst.2007.036
- USEPA (2006). Ultraviolet disinfection guidance manual for the final long term 2 enhanced surface water treatment rule, Office of water, Washington DC, USA.
- Wait I.W., Johnston C.T. and Blatchley III E.R. (2007). The influence of oxidation reduction potential and water treatment processes on quartz lamp sleeve fouling in ultraviolet disinfection reactors, Water Res., 41, 2427-2436. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2007.02.057
Supported by : 조선대학교