- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Applicability for Primary System Decontamination through Analysis on NPP Decommission Technology and International Experience
원전 제염기술 및 해외경험 분석을 통한 1차 계통 제염 적용 연구
- Received : 2015.10.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2016.03.30
Decontamination is one of the most important technologies for the decommissioning of NPP. The purpose of decontamination is to reduce the Risk of exposure of the decommissioning workers, and to recycle parts of the plant components. Currently, there is a lack of data on the efficiency of the decontamination technologies for decommissioning. In most cases, the local radiation level can be lowered below a regulatory limitation by decontamination. Therefore, more efficient decontamination technology must be continuously developed. This work describes the practical experiences in the United States and the European countries for NPP decommissioning using these decontamination technologies. When the decommissioning of domestic nuclear power plant is planned and implemented, this work will be helpful as a reference of previous cases.
Decommissioning;Decontamination;Chemical decontamination;Mechanical decontamination
- Ed. Feltcorn, "Technology Reference Guide for Radio-logically Contaminated Surfaces", U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Report, EPA-402-R-06-003 (2006).
- Hartwig, Ed, Reid, Richard,"Chemical Decontamination at Browns Ferry Unit 1", Nuclear Plant Journal, vol. 21(5), 38-39, ISSN 0892-2055 (2003).
- Information System on Occupational Exposure European Technical Centre, "Overview of the First Three Full System Decontaminations", CEPN-No. 6 (1996)
- P. Kinnunen, "ANTIOXI - Decontamination techniques for activity removal in nuclear environments", vol. 3(58), 5-33, VTT-R-00299-08 (2008).
- Siemens, "The state-of-the-art decon process for every job", Siemens presentations in EPRI Chemical Decontamination Conference, May 18-19, 1998, South Carolina.
- Siemens, "The world's leading decontamination process for BWR and PWR", Siemens presentations in 12th Pacific basin Nuclear Conference, October 15-19, 2000, Seoul.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, "Lessons learned from the decommissioning of nuclear facilities and the safe termination of nuclear activities", ISSN 0074-1884 (2006).
- Electric Power Research Institute, "Proceedings: Decommissioning - Decontamination, ALARA, and Worker Safety Workshop", EPRI - 01000648 (2000).
- A Study on the Application of EXPERT-CHOICE Technique for Selection of Optimal Decontamination Technology for Nuclear Power Plant of Decommissioning vol.15, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2017.15.3.231
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원