- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Radionuclide Inventory for the Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility by the Radioactive Waste Classification
방사성폐기물 신분류기준을 고려한 중저준위 방사성폐기물 처분시설의 핵종재고량 예측
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.12.15
- Published : 2016.03.30
To meet nuclear regulatory requirements, more than 95% individual radionuclides in the low- and intermediate-level radioactive waste inventory have to be identified. In this study, the radionuclide inventory has been estimated by taking the long-term radioactive waste generation, the development plan of disposal facility, and the new radioactive waste classification into account. The state of radioactive waste cumulated from 2014 was analyzed for various radioactive sources and future prospects for predicting the long-term radioactive waste generation. The predicted radionuclide inventory results are expected to contribute to secure the development of waste disposal facility and to deploy the safety case for its long-term safety assessment.
Inventory;Disposal facility;Radioactive waste;New classification standard;Safety Case
- Notice of the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission, No. 2015-04, Acceptance Criteria for Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste (2014).
- Korea Radioactive Waste Agency, Management plan for Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste (2015).
- Korea Radioactive Waste Agency, Safety Analysis Report for Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility on the Planning Phase (2008).
- Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power, Surface dose of lowand intermediate-level radioactive waste (2014).
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Activity of low- and intermediate-level radioactive waste (2014).
- Korea Electric Power Corporation Nuclear Fuel Company, Activity of low- and intermediate-level radioactive waste (2014).
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Managing Low Radioactivity Material for the Decommissioning for Nuclear Facilities Technical Report Series No. 462 (2008).
- J.S. Song, Y.G. Kim, and S.H. Lee, "A pre-study on the Estimation of NPP Decommissioning Radioactive Waste and Disposal costs for Applying Now Classification Criteria", J. of Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Technology, 13(1), 45-53 (2015).
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Classification of Radioactive Waste, General safety Guide No.GSG-1, Vienna (2009).
- Notice of the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission, No. 2014-03, Guidelines for Radioactive waste Classification and Clearance Standards (2014).
- Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power, Development of a Computer Program for Evaluating Radioisotope Inventory of Radioactive Wastes from Nuclear Power Plants : Appendix 2, User Guide, 2010-50003339-0168TR (2010).
- Prediction of Radionuclide Inventory for Low- and Intermediate-Level Radioactive Waste by Considering Concentration Limit of Waste Package vol.15, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2017.15.1.65
- Improvement of Safety Approach for Accidents During Operation of LILW Disposal Facility : Application for Operational Safety Assessment of the Near-surface LILW Disposal Facility in Korea vol.15, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2017.15.2.161
- Comparison of Radionuclide Inventory Between Predicted and Measured Activity of Dry Active Waste From Korea Nuclear Power Plant vol.15, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7733/jnfcwt.2017.15.3.281