- Volume 32 Issue 4
A crack identification method using the change of natural frequencies for tapered cantilever pipe-type cracked beam is presented. Modal properties of tapered cantilever intact beam with a tip mass are identified by applying the boundary conditions to a general solution. An equivalent bending stiffness for cracked beam based on an energy method is used to identify natural frequencies of tapered cantilever thin-walled pipe with a tip mass, which has a through-the-thickness crack, subjected to bending. The identified natural frequencies of the cracked beam are used in constructing training patterns of neural networks. Then crack location and size are identified using a committee of the neural networks. Crack detection was carried out for an example tapered beam using the proposed method, and the identified crack locations and sizes agree reasonably well with the exact values.
균열추정;말단질량;고유주파수;군집신경망;테이퍼 캔틸레버 보
- Auciello, N. M., & Nole, G. (1998). Vibrations of a cantilever tapered beam with varying section properties and carrying a mass at the free end. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 214, 105-119. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.1538
- Chen, D. W., & Wu, J. S. (2002). The exact solutions for the natural frequencies and mode shapes of non-uniform beams with multiple spring-mass systems. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 255, 299-322. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2001.4156
- Chen, Y. Z. (2000). Target function method for evaluating natural vibration frequency of bending beam with adhesive mass. Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, 16, 343-355. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0887(200005)16:5<343::AID-CNM340>3.0.CO;2-9
- Dilena, M., Dell’Oste, M. F., & Morassi, A. (2011). Detecting cracks in pipes filled with fluid from changes in natural frequencies. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 25, 3186-3197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2011.04.013
- Ece, M. C., Aydogdu, M., & Taskin, V. (2007). Vibration of a variable cross-section beam. Mechanics Research Communications, 34, 78-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechrescom.2006.06.005
- Gorman, D. J. (1975). Free Vibration Analysis of Beams and Shafts, John Wiley & Sons, 374-379.
- Huh, Y. C., Kim, J. K., & Park, S. H. (2007). A study about the damage model of a cantilever beam with open crack generated in whole breadth of the beam. Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 11, 936-945.
- Lee, J. W., Kim, S. R., & Huh, Y. C. (2014). Pipe crack identification based on the energy method and committee of neural networks. International Journal of Steel Structures, 14, 345-354. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-014-2014-0
- Lee, J. W. (2015). Fault detection method of tapered cantilever pipe-type beam, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea. Structure & Construction Section, 31, 13-20.
- Murigendrappa, S. M., Maiti, S. K., & Srirangarajan, H. R. (2004). frequency-based experimental and theoretical identification of multiple cracks in straight pipes filled with fluid. NDT&E International, 37, 431-438. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2003.11.009
- Naniwadekar, M. R., Naik, S. S., & Maiti, S. K. (2008). On prediction of crack in different orientations in pipe using frequency based approach. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 22, 693-708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2007.09.007
- Rosa, M. A. D., Lippiello, M., Maurizi, M. J., & Martin, H. D. (2010). Free vibration of elastically restrained cantilever tapered beams with concentrated viscous damping and mass. Mechanics Research Communications, 37, 261-264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechrescom.2009.11.006
- Wang, Y. M., Chen X. F., & Heb Z. J. (2011). Daubechies wavelet finite element method and genetic algorithm for detection of pipe crack. Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation, 26, 87-99. https://doi.org/10.1080/10589759.2010.521826
- Wu, J. S., & Chen, C. T. (2005). An exact solution for frequencies and mode shapes of an immersed elastically restrained wedge beam carrying an eccentric mass with mass moment of inertia. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 286, 549-568. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2004.10.008
- Yang, X. F., Swamidas, A. S. J., & Seshadri, R. (2001). Crack Identification in Vibrating Beams Using the Energy Method. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 244, 339-357. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2000.3498
- Ye J., He Y., Chen X., Zhai, Z., Wang, Y., & He, Z. (2010). Pipe crack identification based on finite element method of second generation wavelets. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 24, 379-393. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2009.08.001
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 남서울대학교