- Volume 17 Issue 2
In a construction project, the portion for maintenance costs for a building is considerable compared to the initial construction cost. As such, Life Cycle Cost (LCC) analysis is being increasingly utilized to assess the design value of engineering work in Korea. Additionally, the Public Procurement Service in Korea announced that it will be mandatory for all domestic construction projects to adopt BIM. Furthermore, the paradigm for architectural design has shifted from 2D to 3D, and to BIM, which includes a data management system. Within this background, however, there is currently no adequate BIM-based LCC analysis software and the requirements of cost estimation for repair and replacement cost for a building is not completely adequate in BIM tools such as Revit and Archicad. Therefore, this study suggests a process of cost estimation for repair and replacement (R&R) cost based on IFC data. First, we analyzed existing R&R criteria and defined BIM-based requirements when calculating R&R costs. These requirements were extracted from relevant IFC data. Subsequently, this was saved to a database and a BIM-based database was built for R&R cost estimation. Finally, this database was connected with external databases such as R&R Criteria DB and Cost Information DB to calculate R&R costs. This process is expected to improve upon the traditional process of cost estimation of R&R cost by applying a BIM model. The proposed process can contribute to a further standardizing of BIM-based LCC analysis thru application to initial construction costs, energy costs, and other maintenance costs.
LCC;Repair&Replacement Cost;BIM;IFC;Cost Estimation
- Hwang, Y. S (2004). "Automatic Quantity Takeoff form Drawing Through IFC Model", Journal of the architectural Institute of Korea Planning&Design, 20(12), pp. 89-97.
- Ji, S. J. (2001). "A Study on the Developing of Life Cycle Cost Analysis System for Buildings", MS thesis, Univ. of Mokwon, Korea.
- Ji, S. K. (2013). "Improvement of Life Cycle Cost Evaluation in Technical Proposal Tendering", MS thesis, Univ. of Seoul, Korea.
- Kehily, D., McAuley, B., and Hore, A. (2012). "Leveraging Whole Life Cycle Costs When Utilising Building Information Modelling Technologies", Internaltional Journal of 3-D Information Modelling, 1(4), pp. 40-49.
- Kim, D. H (2012). "Development of LCC Calculation Model for Residential Building based on BIM", MS thesis, Univ. of Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, I, H., Um, S. G., and Choi, J. S. (2015). "A Basic Study on an Application of Quantity Take-Off Requirements for Open BIM-based Schematic Estimation of Architectural Work", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 20(2), pp. 182-192. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2015.182
- Kim, K. R., Yu J. H., and Kim, I. H. (2015). "Methodology for Generating Information Requirements for BIM-based Building Permit Process", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 20(1), pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2015.001
- Kim, K. R., and Yu, J. H. (2015). "Integrated Information Management for Composite Object Properties in BIM", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 16(2), pp. 99-105.
- Lee, M. H. (2009). "A Study on the Establishment of Optimum Maintenance Levels of Educational Facilities", Doctor of Philosophy, Univ. of Mokwon, Korea.
- Park, G. T. (2011). "A Study on a BIM-based Structure Life Cycle Cost Calculation Process", MS thesis, Univ. of Kyunggi, Korea.
- Seo, H. D. (2011). "Development of a BIM-based LCC Analysis Process-focused on the Exterior Skin System for Buildings-", MS thesis, Univ. of Ajou, Korea.
Supported by : 국토교통부