- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Empirical Research for Subcontractor Selection Model in the International Construction Project
해외건설 전문건설기업 선정모델 개선을 위한 실증 연구
- Received : 2015.10.06
- Accepted : 2016.02.01
- Published : 2016.03.31
International construction market have quantitatively increased and have reached up to 700 Bil. US$ through active effort of construction firms and government. In spite of this increase, substantiality issue has been constantly disputed due to qualitative problems such as lack of capability and technical shortage. To overcome these problems, many methods in performing quantitative growth and qualitative substantiality of overseas construction are being researched which showed that selection of subcontractors in general contractor is regarded as a very important success factor. However, it is difficult to make a reasonable decision for selecting the subcontractors due to the lack of evaluation standards and reliability. This study proposes an improved evaluation system through adjustment of the evaluation indicators using correlations analysis and multiple regression analysis with pre-qualification and performance evaluation of 121 firms in 6 countries.
Subcontractor;Pre-qualification;Performance Evaluation;Correlation Analysis;Multiple Regression Analysis
- Ahmad, I., and Minkarah, I. (1988). "Questionnaire survey on bidding in construction." Journal of Management in Engineering, 4(3), pp. 229-243.
- Arslan, G., Kivrak, S., Birgonul, M. T., and Dikmen, I. (2008). "Improving sub-contractor selection process in construction projects: Web-based sub-contractor evaluation system (WEBSES)." Automation in Construction, 17(4), pp. 480-488. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2007.08.004
- Elazouni, A. M., and Metwally, F. G. (2000). "D-SUB: Decision support system for subcontracting construction works." Journal of construction engineering and management, 126(3), pp. 191-200. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2000)126:3(191)
- Han, S. H., and Diekmann, J. E. (2001). "Making a risk-based bid decision for overseas construction projects." Construction Management & Economics, 19(8), pp. 765-776. https://doi.org/10.1080/01446190110072860
- Jang, H. S. (2013). "Overseas Construction, Must Go? Should Go? Could Go?." Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 57(1), pp. 32-37.
- Jeong, W. Y., Park, H. D., Kim, D. Y., and Han, S. H. (2007). "Competitiveness Analysis and Market Strategy for Collaboration between Large and Small-Medium Sized Construction Firms." Journal of Korea Society of Civil Engineers, 33(1), pp. 1454-1457.
- Kim, H. R., Sohn, T. H., and Jang, H. S. (2013). "Analysis of the Major Subcontract Competence Factors of Overseas Plant Construction", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 14(5), pp. 84-91.
- Kim, J. H., and Kim, Y. S. (2014). "An Analysis of Concentrate Competency in Bidding Process for Overseas Project of Domestic Construction Companies", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 15(3), pp. 23-30.
- Kumaraswany, M. M., and Jason, D. M., (2000). "Improved subcontractor selection employing partnering principles." Journal of Management in Engineering, 16(3), pp.47-57.
- Lee, J. W., and Song, B. R. (1992). "An Analysis of Bidding Behavior of Construction Firms." Korea Research Institute of Human Settlements, 92(10), pp. 112-175.
- Lee, S. H. (2003). A Study on Problems and Suggestions for PQ System. Construction Economy Research Institute of Korea, pp. 42-50
- Mbachu, J. (2008). "Conceptual framework for the assessment of subcontractors' eligibility and performance in the construction industry." Construction Management and Economics, 26(5), pp. 471-484. https://doi.org/10.1080/01446190801918730
- Proctor Jr, J. R. (1996). "Golden rule of contractor-subcontractor relations." Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, 1(1), pp. 12-14. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0680(1996)1:1(12)
- Sim, S. K. (2012). "A Study on the Improvement for payment of Subcontracting in Construction work." Public Policy Institute for People, 2(2), pp. 78-127.
- Tserng, H. P., and Lin, P. H. (2002). "An accelerated subcontracting and procuring model for construction projects." Automation in construction, 11(1), pp. 105-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-5805(01)00056-5
- Ulubeyli, S., Manisali, E., and Kaza, A. (2010). "Subcontractor selection practices in international construction projects." Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, 16(1), pp. 47-56. https://doi.org/10.3846/jcem.2010.04
- Williamson, O. E. (2007). "The Economic Institutions of Capitalism. Firms, Markets, Relational Contracting." In Das Summa Summarum des Management, pp. 61-75.
- Wui, P. R. (2010). "A Study on Status of Subcontractor Trading System Improvement." Economic Reform Research Institute, 10(16), pp. 1-27.
- Yin, Y. B., Zhao, H., and Chen, H. (2010). "Selection Research on Construction Sub-contractor Enterprises Based on Bilevel Programming." International Conference on Computer and Information Application, pp. 330-334.
- Lee, S. H. (2003). "The Problems and Improvements in Pre-Qualification." Construction Economy, pp. 42-50.
- Jang, W. S., Yang, H. B., and Han, S. H. (2014). "Development of Evaluation System for Overseas Business Capability of Construction Firms." Journal of Korea Society of Civil Engineers, 34(3), pp. 977-987. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.3.0977
Supported by : 한국과학재단