- Volume 17 Issue 2
Design modification is one of the elements that must be controlled in the process of any construction project. Especially a military facility project comes with more obstacles than private work due to the unique characteristics and closeness of the military. As there are both the project manager and the user within the ordering body, it is likely to have difficulties unless communication is conducted smoothly. The reason is that such issues regarding communication lead to design modification and it will result in the user's dissatisfaction. Thus this study aimed to identify the elements that generally cause design modification by analyzing characteristics of military projects from the status of current project contracts, analyzing past elements that lead to design modification and comprehensively researching responds from the survey on operators of facility projects. It is expected that loss from design modification of military facility projects is reduced by proposing feasible and practical improvements.
Design modification;Military facility project
- Oh, G. G. (2013). "A study on the risk measurement method of design changes for the efficient management of the joint housing business", Master's thesis of Hanyang University.
- Lee, H. M. (2013). "Analysis of the impact of design changes on construction projects of military facilities to process and cost", Master's thesis of Dongguk University.
- Park, D. S. (2012). "The proposed measures for claims occurred reduction during the adjustment of the contract price by the design change", Master's thesis of Yonsei University.
- Lee, K. H., and Choi, J. S. (2013). "Causes of Change Orders in the Military Facility Construction Projects and Suggestions for Improvement", Journal of The Korean Institute of Building Construction, 13(3), pp. 263-271. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2013.13.3.263
- Anti-Corruption Commission (2003). "How to improve the design change system of construction work for preventing the construction sector corruption", Kyung Hee University Industrial Relations Institute, Anti-Corruption Commission of the request for research auditors report.
- Jeong, G. Y. (2004) "Construction costs of public works, reality of an increase in air -Find the location of the design change responsibility", national audit Book II.
- Department of Defense (2013). "Military facilities business guidelines".
- Department of Defense (2013). "Development of construction business management services consideration criteria and operational guidelines".
- Department of Defense. "Construction administrative Practical Guidelines", Defense Facilities Division
- PPS (2005). "Practice of facility construction contracts system".
- Shabtai Isaac, and Ronie Navon (2008). "Feasibility Study of an Automated Tool for Identifying the Implications of Changes in Construction Project".
- Riley, D. R (2005). Benefit-cost metrics for MEP coordination in buildings.
- Seo, J. H.,, Kim, Y. S., and Chin, S. Y. (2010). "Eliciting Management Factors of Claims types for Coping with The Construction Claim", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 11(6), pp. 287-288.
- Jeong, M. H., Choi, H., and Lee, H. K. (2012). "Study on the Cost Prediction of Military Facilities Using Regression Analysis - Focused on Military Barracks -", Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, (13(6), pp. 115-118.
Supported by : 국토교통부