- Volume 24 Issue 3
The objective of vehicle aerodynamic design is on the fuel economy, reduction of the harmful emission, minimizing the vibration and noise and the driving stability of the vehicle. Especially for a sedan, the driving stability of the vehicle is the main concern of the aerodynamic design of the vehicle indeed. In this theoretical study, an evaluation algorithm of aerodynamic driving stability of a vehicle was made to estimate the dynamic stability of a vehicle at the given driving condition on a road. For the stability evaluation of a driving vehicle, CFD simulation was conducted to have the rolling, pitching and yawing moments of a model vehicle and compared the values of the moments to the resistance moments. From the case study, it is found that a model sedan running at 100 km/h in speed on a straight level road is stable under the side wind with 45 m/s in speed. But the different results may be obtained on the buses and trucks because those vehicles have the wide side area. From the case study of the model vehicle moving on 100 km/h speed with 15 m/s side wind is evaluated using the numerical algorithm drawn from the study, the value of yawing moment is
차량 주행 안전성;차량 공기역학적 설계;횡풍;전산유체역학
- C. H. Kim and C. B. Youn, "Aerodynamic Effect of Roof-Fairing System on a Heavy-duty Truck," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp.221-227, 2005.
- Y. D. Kim, K. Y. Park, J. K. Lee and J. Y. Choi, "A Wind Tunnel Test on Effects of Cross Winds on Vehicles," The Wind Engineering Institute of Korea Journal, Vol.11, No.2, pp.161-170, 2007.
- G. M. Le Good and K. P. Garry, "On the Use of Reference Models in Automotive Aerodynamics," SAE 2004-01-1308, 2004.
- J. F. Douglas, Fluid Mechanics, Prentice Hall, pp.406-447, 2001.
- S. V. Patankar, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere Publishing Corp, Washington D.C., 1980.
- Phoenics Technical Report (TR/326), Concentration Heat and Momentum Limited, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, Vehicle Chassis, Golden Bell, Seoul, pp.4-88, 1994.
- D. V. Castejon, F. M. Catalano and G. Severi, "Methods of Drag Reducing without Losing Aerodynamic Stability Applied on SAE Reference Model," SAE 2011-36-0079, 2011.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 서울과학기술대학교