- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Lateral Tire-road Friction Coefficient Estimation Using Tire Pneumatic Trail Information
타이어 뉴메틱 트레일 정보를 활용한 횡방향 타이어 노면 마찰 계수에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.11.26
- Accepted : 2015.12.14
- Published : 2016.05.01
The demands for vehicle safety systems such as ABS and ESC have been increased. Accurate vehicle state estimation is required to realized the abovementioned systems and tire-friction coefficient is crucial information. Estimation of lateral tire-road friction coefficient using pneumatic trail information is mainly dealt in this paper. Pneumatic trail shows unique characteristics according to the wheel side slip angle and these property is highly sensitive to vehicle lateral motion. The proposed algorithm minimizes the use of conventional tire models such as magic formula, brushed tire model and Dugoff tire model. The pure side slip maneuver, which means no longitudinal dynamics, is assumed to achieve the ultimate goal of this paper. A simulation verification using Carsim and Simulink is performed and the results show the feasibility of the proposed algorithms.
Pneumatic trail;Self aligning torque;Tire-road friction coefficient;Active safety control system;Brush tire model
- Y. H. J. Hsu, S. M. Laws and J. C. Gerdes, "Estimation of Tire Slip Angle and Friction Limits Using Steering Torque," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol.18, No.4, pp.896-907, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2009.2031099
- M. R. Choi, J. J. Oh and S. B. Choi, "Linearized Recursive Least Squares Methods for Real-Time Identification of Tire-Road Friction Coefficient," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol.62, No.7, pp.2906-2918, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2260190
- Y. F. Lina, Y. Zhao, L. L. Hu and Y. T. Tian, "Cornering Stiffness and Sideslip Angle Estimation Based on Simplified Lateral Dynamic Models for Four-In-Wheel-Motor-Driven Electric Vehicles with Lateral Tire Force Information," Int. J. Automotive Technology, Vol.16, No.4, pp.669-683, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-015-0068-4
- H. Pacejka, Tire and Vehicle Dynamics, Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2005.
- R. Rajamani, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, Springer Science & Business Media, Berlin, 2011.
- J. J. Oh and S. B. Choi, "Vehicle Velocity Observer Design Using 6-D IMU and Multiple-Observer Approach," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.13, No.4, pp.1865-1879, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2012.2204984
- W. K. Cho, J. Y. Yoon, S. G. Yim, B. Y. Koo and K. S. Yi, "Estimation of Tire Forces for Application to Vehicle Stability Control," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol.59, No.2, pp.638-649, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2009.2034268
- D. Simon, Optimal State Estimation: Kalman, H infinity, and Nonlinear Approaches, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, 2006.
- Y. H. J. Hsu, Estimation and Control of Lateral Tire Forces Using Steering Ttorque, ProQuest, Ph. D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 2009.
Supported by : 정보 통신 기술진흥센터, 한국연구재단