- Volume 11 Issue 4
Since the KTX starts operation in 2004, Korean railway system has sustained the highest safety and accuracy. In order to keep this achievement, the LTE based wireless communication system has been introduced for mobile communications and signal transmission. railway, and activities for its standardization are on the way. Railway communication system will be used as part of national safety net through interworking with safety network. This paper reviews the contents of standards and technologies in an LTE-based railway communication(LTE-R) system, and the items to be standardized to improve operational efficiency of the railway system by building a national railway radio communication system.
High Speed Railway Communication;LTE;LTE-R System;Standardization
- J. Choi, H. Cho, and H. Oh, "Standardization Trends of Requirements for LTE-based Railway Communication System," Telecommunications Technology Association, vol. 158, 2015, pp. 80-86.
- TTAK.KO-06.0407, LTE based railway communication System requirements, Telecommunications Technology Association, 2015, 12.
- TTAK.KO-06.0369, LTE based railway communication Functional requirements, TTA, 2014 12
- 3GPP TR 36.902, V9.3.1, 3GPP, Mar. 2011.
- 3GPP TS 36.300, V13.2.0, 3GPP, Dec. 2015.
- D. Han, S. Shin, H. Cho, J. Chung, D. Ok, and I. Hwang, "Measurement and Stochastic Modeling of Handover Delay and Interruption Time of Smartphone Real-Time Applications on LTE Networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 9, no. 7, March 2015, pp. 173-181.
- J. Choi, H. Cho, H. Oh, K. Kim, and H. Ryu, Challenges of LTE High-Speed Railway Network to Coexist with LTE Public Safety Network, 17th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Jul., 2015, pp. 543-547.
- H. Cho, J. Choi, H. Oh, K. Kim, and H. Yun, "A Study on the Standardization of Radio Communication Networks for Conventional & High Speed Railways," Korea Information System of Criminal Justice Services Summer conference 2015, pp. 93-94.
- W. Cho, H. Choi, and H. Cho, "A Study on Integration Scheme of Wireless Communications in Railway Wireless Network," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015, pp.659-664. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.6.659
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원