- Volume 28 Issue 2
NCS development for construction of marine terminal structure was carried out through following procedures such as analysis on characteristics, analysis on duty, development of the first draft for standards, validation of industry sites, duty competency standards through expert committee, and utilizing package. The results were as follows. Firstly, duty competency was classified as levels from 3 to 7. Educational training institutions were followed by 22 universities, 21 colleges, 16 graduate schools, and 10 high schools. Secondly, developed standards were consisted of duty and competency unit. The name of duty was construction of marine terminal structure and competency units were consisted of 9 items as survey on economic effect, evaluation of conditions on construction environment, plan for construction of structure, construction of transfer, mooring, and power equipment, and construction, startup test, and maintenance of terminal structure. 33 competency unit elements below 9 competency units were developed. Thirdly, utilizing package was developed into 3 areas of life-long career path, training criteria, and guidelines for exam according to national competency standards for in order to develop development of labor's career and perform personal management such as hiring and promotion in industry sites.
NCS;Duty Competency;Utilizing package;Construction Marine terminal structure
- Kim Jin-Sil(2014). VET, qualification, traineeship, apprenticeship, and quality of certification system of Australia, Human Resources Development Service of Korea.
- Na Seung-Il, Jo Jung-Yoon, Kim Jin-Sil, Min Sang-Ki, and Seok Young-Mi(2012). A Model for Redesigning Levels and Types of National Technical Skills Qualifications based on National Competency Standards in Korea, Journal of Skills and Qualifacations, 1(1), 79-100.
- NCS development guide book(2015). Human Resources Development Service of Korea.
- Qualification Standard Law(2013). 2nd, NCS.
- Report on NCS Development for Construction of Marine Terminal Structure(2015). Human Resources Development Service of Korea.
- Shipbuilding Report(2015). Korea offshore & Shipbuilding Association.
- Standard Korean Dictionary(2012). National Korean Language Institution.
- A Study on NCS Development for the Treatment of Waste Oils from Ship vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.2.456