- Volume 16 Issue 1
In this study, we propose a method to regulate parking violations using computer vision technology. A still color image of the parked vehicle under question is obtained by a camera mounted on enforcement vehicles. The acquired image is preprocessed through a morphological algorithm and binarized. The vehicle's shadows are detected from the binarized image, and lanes are identified using the information from the yellow parking lines that are drawn on the load. Whether parking is illegal is determined by the conformity of the lanes and the vehicle's shadow.
Computer vision;Enforcement vehicles;Lane detection;Parking violations
- J. Illingworth and J. Kittler, "A survey of the Hough transform," Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, vol. 44, pp. 87-116, 1988. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0734-189X(88)80033-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-189X(88)80033-1
- J. W. Park, S. M. Shin, and K. B. Kim, "Lane detection using fuzzy binarization and Hough transform," Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 473-477, 2011.
- T. W. Bae and S. I. Lee, "An iterative bilateral weighted median filter for the removal of high-density impulse noise," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 59-65, 2010.
- S. J. Ahn and M. H. Han, "Research of the lane recognition for an advanced vehicle system," Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 136-142, 2007.
- J. H. Cho, Y. M. Jang, and S. B. Cho, "A high-performance lane recognition algorithm using word descriptors and a selective Hough transform algorithm with four-channel ROI," Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 148-161, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2015.52.2.148 https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2015.52.2.148
- C. Jang, S. Lee, C. Choi, and Y. K. Kim, "Realtime robust curved lane detection algorithm using Gaussian mixture model," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2016.15.0073
- C. K. Cheong, "A high speed road lane detection based on optimal extraction of ROI-LB," Journal of Broadcast Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 253-264, 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2009.14.2.253 https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2009.14.2.253
- S. B. Woo, C. S. Park, and K. B. Kim, "Lane detection using fuzzy C-Means clustering," in Proceedings of the KIIS Fall Conference, Seoul, Korea, 2009, pp. 396-401.
- Q. Lin, Y. J. Han, and H. S. Hahn, "Lane detection in complex environment using grid-based morphology and directional edge-link pairs," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 786-792, 2010. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.6.786 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.6.786
- T. Park and T. H. Cho, "A crosswalk and stop line recognition system for autonomous vehicles," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 154-160, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.2.154 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.2.154
- G. H. Jang, S. W. Kwak, and M. W. Jung, "Lane detection algorithm based on color information," in Proceedings of the KIIS Spring Conference, Mokpo, Korea, 2012, pp. 299-300.
- H. S. Lee, "An adaptive image algorithm for object detection in night drive," Proceedings of the KIIS Fall Conference 2010, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 416-419, 2010.
- H. Y. Cheng, B. S. Jeng, P. T. Tseng, and K. C. Fan, "Lane detection with moving vehicles in the traffic scenes," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 571-582, 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2006.883940 https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2006.883940
- J. C. McCall and M. M. Trivedi, "Video-based lane estimation and tracking for driver assistance: survey, system, and evaluation," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 20-37, 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2006.869595 https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2006.869595
- D. Lee, "Bad Korean law and order," Available http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1392384
- S. Y. Rhee and Y. B. Kim, "Rear car license plate detection of one more cars," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 400-404, 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2006.12.4.400 https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2006.12.4.400
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)