- Volume 23 Issue 1
Nowadays, the importance of role of the international standardization keeps increasing substantially. We have already known that international standards have a huge impact on many companies, industries and nations. So far, it has been thought that standardizations are needed after the new products come into the market and are mass-produced in order to encourage the use of the products, systems and services. Standardization will make the products more safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly for the users. However, in these days, a paradigm of the standardization has been changed. International standard becomes a tool for dominating global market and is the most important ingredients of the competitiveness and economic progress of the nation and enterprises. Many countries like Japan, Germany and U.S. use the standardization as an effective method to dominate the market and monopolized the new technologies. Therefore, worldwide competition for the standardization of the new technology become fierce. Korea is leading the technology in semiconductor field. However, activities of international standardization are not sufficient. In order to boost the standardization activities in Korea from industry, academia, and research institute, this paper briefly introduce the international standard organization and some critical issues for next-generation semiconductor memory such as flexible semiconductor, automobile semiconductor and wearable devices.
International standard;Semiconductor;Flexible semiconductor;Automobile semiconductor;Wearable devices
- J.-H. Ahn, H. Lee and S.-H. Choa, "Technology of flexible semiconductor/memory device", J. Microelectron. Packag. Soc., 20(2), 1 (2013).
- J.-H. Kim, M.-W. Chon and S.-H. Choa, "Technology of flexible transparent conductive electrode for flexible electronic devices, J. Microelectron. Packag. Soc., 21(2), 1 (2014).
- Y. Leterrier, L. Medico, F. Demarco, J.-A. E. Manson, U. Betz, M. F. Escola, M. K. Olsson and F. Atamny, "Mechanical integrity of transparent conductive oxide films for flexible polymer-based displays", Thin Solid Films, 460(1), 156-166 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2004.01.052
- J. Lewis, "Material challenge for flexible organic devices", Mater. Today, 9(4), 38 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1369-7021(06)71446-8
- S. I. Na, S. S. Kim, J. Jo and D. Y. Kim, "Efficient and flexible ITO-free organic solar cells using highly conductive polymer anodes", Adv. Mater., 20(21), 4061 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200800338
- J. K. Wassei and R. B. Kaner, "Graphene, a promising transparent conductor", Mater. Today., 13(3), 52 (2010).
- Peter Kafka, "The Automotive Standard ISO 26262, the Innovative Driver for Enhanced Safety Assessment & Technology for Motor Cars", Procedia Engineering, 45, 2-10 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.08.112
- P. Sinha, "Architectural design and reliability analysis of a fail-operational brake-by-wire system from ISO 26262 perspectives", Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 96(10), 1349-1359 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2011.03.013
- H. Yang, J. Yu, H. Zo and M. Choi, "User acceptance of wearable devices: An extended perspective of perceived value", Telematics and Informatics, 33(2), 256-269 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2015.08.007
- E. Borgia, "The Internet of Things vision: Key features, applications and open issues", Computer Communications, 54(1), 1-31 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2014.09.008
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 서울과학기술대학교