- Volume 25 Issue 1
The heat transport system transients of Wolsong 2,3,4 nuclear power plants were analysed during abnormal operating conditions. The compliance with requirements of AECB Regulatory Document R-77 for CANDU reactor was estimated. The analysis results showed that for each postulated accident the peak pressure values in the reactor headers are within the acceptance criteria given in ASME code requirements. The effect of LRV that is one of the overpressure protection device was very minor.
Liquid Relief Valves;Reactor Operating Condition;ASME Code;CANDU Reactor;Heat Transport System
- 한국원자력연구소, "600MW CANDU Station Systems Training Manuals", AECL & KAERI, April 1982.
- B.Zhai, "Primary Heat Transport System Transient Analysis Basis with SOPHT for Wolsong-2", Analysis Report 86-33100-ANL-001 Rev. 0, AECL, 1992.
- J.C.Shin "Transient Analysis of the HWR Primary Heat Transport System", KAERI/TR-365/93, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, June 1993.
- Memorandom from L.C. Choo to B.Zhai, "PHT High Pressure Trip for Loss of Flow - MAPS Limits", 86-03550-200-00, AECL, 1992.
- Y.F.Chang, "A Thermal-hydraulic System Simulation Model for the Reactor, Boiler and Heat Transport System(SOPHT)", CNS-37-2, Ontario Hydro Document, 1977.
- T.A.Porsching, J.H.Murphy and J.A Redfield "Stable Numerical Integration of Conservation Equations for Hydraulic Networks" Nuclear Science and Engineering, Vol 43, P218, 1971. https://doi.org/10.13182/NSE71-A21269
- K.F.Hau, L.Morris, B.Zhai and R.Dam, "Documentation Manual for SOPHT-600-XX.AP00.00 and SOPHT-600-XX.AP01.00", TTR-340 Vol 1, March 1992.
- R.Girard and R.W.Graham, "SOPHT User's Manual" IR-03500-18, 1988