- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Assessment and Improvement of the Horizontal In-Tube Condensation Heat Transfer Model in the MARS code
MARS 코드의 수평관내부 응축열전달 모델 평가 및 개선
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.01.29
- Published : 2016.03.31
Extensive researches have been carried out for enhancing the safety of nuclear power plants and, especially, the development of passive cooling systems, such as passive containment cooling system (PCCS) and passive residual heat removal system, is increasingly important, where condensation is a crucial heat transfer mechanism. Recently, Ahn & Yun et al. developed a horizontal in-tube condensation heat transfer model as one of the activities for the PCCS development. In this work, we implemented the Ahn & Yun 's condensation heat transfer model into the MARS code and assessed it using the PASCAL experimental data. Based on the results of the assessment, we identified the limitations of the Ahn & Yun 's model and suggested a modified Ahn & Yun 's model, and assessed the model using various experimental data.
Horizontal in-tube condensation;assessment of the condensation model;MARS code
- Wu, T. "Horizontal in-tube condensation in the presence of a non-condensable gas," PhD. Dissertation, Purdue university (2005).
- KAERI. "Experimental study on cooling performance for PAFS (Passive Auxiliary Feed-water System) with the separate-effect test facility" 9-017- A599-002-053, Rev.00 (2012).
- KAERI, "Integral effect test on operational performance of the PAFS (Passive Auxiliary Feedwater System) for a FLB (Feed-water Line Break) accident", 9-017-A599-002-059, Rev.00 (2012)
- C.W. Shin, "Condensation experiment of high pressure steam in an inclined single tube of passive auxiliary feedwater system in APR+" KAIST Master's Thesis (2012).
- J.J. Jeong, K.S. Ha, B.D. Chung and W.J. Lee, "Development of A Multi-dimensional Thermal- Hydraulic System Code, MARS 1.3.1," Annals of Nuclear Energy, vol. 26, no. 18, pp. 1611-1642 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4549(99)00039-0
- T.H. Ahn, B.J. Yun, J.J. Jeong, K.H. Kang, Y.S. Park, "Development of a new condensation model for the nearly horizontal heat exchanger tube under the steam flowing conditions", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2014).
- Chato, J.C.,"Laminar condensation inside horizontal and inclined tubes." ASHRAE J. 4 (2), 52-60 (1962).
- Shah, M. M. "A general correlation for heat transfer during film condensation inside pipes." International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 22.4 547-556 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1016/0017-9310(79)90058-9
- Nusselt, W. "The surface condensation of water vapour." Zeitschrift Des Vereines Deutscher Ingenieure 60, 541-546 (1916).
- Dittus, F. W., and L. M. K. Boelter. "Heat transfer in automobile radiators of the tubular type." International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 12(1) 3-22 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1016/0735-1933(85)90003-X
- Schaffrath, A., Prasser, H.M., Forschungszentrum Rossendorf e.V, Dresden, "Theoretical support to the NOKO experiments." FZR-224, Forschungszentrum Rossendorf (1998).
- Kondo M., and H. Nakamura., Y. Kukita, T. Kurita, K. Arai, and T. Okazaki, "Primary-side two-phase flow and heat transfer characteristics of a horizontal-tube PCCS condenser." ICONE14, 89652 (2006).
Supported by : 한국원자력안전재단