- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Start-up and operation of Gasoline Fuel Processor for Isolated Fuel Cell System
독립형 연료전지 시스템을 위한 가솔린 연료프로세스의 시동 및 운전
Ji, Hyunjin;Bae, Joongmyeon
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2016.03.31
This study introduces the system layout and control strategy necessary to start and operate a fuel processor in a wide range of temperatures where a gasoline was selected as the fuel of fuel processor considering logistic support of Korea Army. The autothermal reformig(ATR) catalyst is heated to light-off temperature by combustion method in the initial stage. In order to ignite the gasoline and air mixture stably, the glow plug is installed after ATR catalyst. When the catalyst is increased to light-off temperature, the reformer is operated from initiation to steady state conditions as follows: Partial oxidation(POX) mode, partial ATR mode, full ATR mode. Finally the start-up and control strategy is validated by the operational test of gasoline fuel processor at low and room temperature. As a result the gasoline fuel processor is able to start-up within 40 min and to produce the reformate gas which has 37 ~ 42 vol.%(dry basis) of
gasoline;fuel processor;autothermal reforming;start-up;control;hydrogen
- Ryan O'Hayre, S-WC, Whitney Colella, Fritz B. Prinz., Fuel Cell Fundamentals, 2 edition, Wiley, 2009.
- Dan Maslach MR., JP-8 Fuel Reforming APU for Military Vehicles. Fuel Cell Seminar, Orlando, 2011.
- Ahmed S, Ahluwalia R, Lee SHD, Lottes S., A gasoline fuel processor designed to study quickstart performance, Journal of Power Sources, 2006, 154, pp.214-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.03.224
- Lindstrom B, Karlsson JAJ, Ekdunge P, De Verdier L, Haggendal B, Dawody J, et al., Diesel fuel reformer for automotive fuel cell applications, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2009, 34, pp.3367-3381. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2009.02.013
- Jianlu Zhang, Zhong Xie, Jiujun Zhang, Yanghua Tang, Chaojie Song, Titichai Navessin, Zhiqing Shi, Datong Song, Haijiang Wang, David P. Wilkinson, Zhong-Sheng Liu, Steven Holdcroft, High temperature PEM fuel cells Review Article, Journal of Power Sources, 2006, 160, pp.872-891. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.05.034
- Ellis SR, Golunski SE, Petch MI., Hotspot processor for reformulated gasoline, Johnson Matthey Technology Centre, 2001.
- Jung H, Yoon WL, Lee H, Park JS, Shin JS, La H, et al., Fast start-up reactor for partial oxidation of methane with electrically-heated metallic monolith catalyst, Journal of Power Sources, 2003, 124, pp.76-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(03)00604-9
- E. B. Magrab., Environmental Noise Control, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1975